Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does he like boys or girls?

(5 Posts)
Ataraxy Thu 14-Jan-16 16:01:48

I like a guy at work. We're both in our 40s and single. He's very introverted but with the small group of people he likes (myself and 4 other men in the team) he's kind, generous, cracking wit and very flirty.

While I know he likes me I don't know whether he fancies me too. Today one of the other guys was blowing over his keyboard to get rid of the dirt and the guy I like cracked a joke saying he'd blow it for him later. They do hang out together sometimes although this other guy is married with children.

I've not had a crush in rl since teenage years as I was married for 20 years until recently (it was over a few years ago so as not to drip feed). I'm also really rubbish at social clues (it's possible I'm Aspergers though I would not seek a diagnosis).

I'm keen not to make myself look an utter fool. What do you think? Would a straight guy make a joke like that? I have no idea what to do next.

RealityCheque Thu 14-Jan-16 16:23:50

Yes, straight mates often make all kinds of sexual jokes. Straight or otherwise. Its really just banter.

DramaQueenofHighCs Thu 14-Jan-16 16:26:14

He could be straight, he could be gay, he could be bisexual - just go with the flow!

Ataraxy Thu 14-Jan-16 16:36:23

Well you both cheered me up. I thought all hope was lost. grin

Ataraxy Thu 14-Jan-16 17:47:00

Ok so what action plan would you recommend for trying to get him hot an bothered while being subtle? Happy to try things out and report back. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now