Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling Sorry

(5 Posts)
ohdearymeee Thu 14-Jan-16 15:31:58

Can anyone tell me why I feel sorry for my STBXH? We were together for 15 yrs and I ended it last yr, he was a complete passive aggressive man child and took me for granted, I was convinced he would be happier being a single man as he acted like one!

I'm trying to move on but he hasn't - why do I feel sorry for him all the time? I don't want to go back I know that for sure.

He gives me grief all the time via text so I've started divorce proceedings but I feel sick now the paperwork has come through...why?!

Is this normal??

hellsbellsmelons Thu 14-Jan-16 16:03:16

Because you are grieving. And because you are a decent and nice human being.
You a grieving for the life you hoped for. For the man you hoped he could be. It was 15 years of your life.
My marriage ended after 15 years together and I still think of him at times.
Not often but sometimes.
Get on and divorce him .
It was horrible seeing the paperwork when I received it too. It all felt so final. This man who I loved and agreed to spend my life with, was no more. It was over.
Ignore his crappy texts
If it feels like he's harassing you then report him for it.
He'll soon stop!
I'm assuming he is not blocked because you have kids together?

ohdearymeee Thu 14-Jan-16 16:56:02

Hi hells - No I've not blocked him he has regular access to our daughter, I just hate that he keeps sending vile messages and using our daughter as a messenger and outlet for his anger, its not fair on her.

redexpat Thu 14-Jan-16 20:20:14

Take screen shots of the texts.
Write down all the things your DD says when he is using her as a messenger as you put it.

springydaffs Thu 14-Jan-16 22:50:16

Look at FOG - Fear Obligation Guilt.

He's a vile shit to use your daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now