Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Another divorce question

(6 Posts)
shortcrust Wed 13-Jan-16 19:55:47

Hello. I can apply for my dicri absolute next week, I was just looking through my forms and I notice that in the guidelines it says:

If there are children of the family, check that the court has sent you a form D84B/D584B
which says the judge has decided that the decree absolute/final order need not be held up
on account of the children.

I did not receive this form with my dicri nisi acknowledgement.

I must add that our divorce is undefended.

shortcrust Wed 13-Jan-16 19:57:08

So what should I do, do I need to apply for this form myself?

Cabrinha Wed 13-Jan-16 20:24:40

I'm fairly sure you don't need it, you just submit form D36.

Please don't submit yet though, when you haven't completed your financial arrangements and got security with your house.

shortcrust Wed 13-Jan-16 20:30:14

Thank you. Yep due to see a solicitor this week about the other problem
. thank you.

Cabrinha Wed 13-Jan-16 20:39:11

They'll let you know about the D84B then - but I don't think you need it (don't think I had one) and a quick google brought up a few wikivorce posts saying you don't. (though obv that's not definitive)

Good luck with your meeting!

shortcrust Wed 13-Jan-16 20:47:17 is a good friend of mine, though I don't always listen to it!
Thanks for you help this week!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: