Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am sorry

(4 Posts)
myfirstandonlylove Tue 12-Jan-16 08:09:05

I would like to say a couple of things. Firstly I know as a man I am not in my natural home posting on here. I have had some of the responsibilities of being a parent in the past but I am not a woman and not a mother. I post here from time to time partly as some of the interaction helps me with healing myself- I am having therapy for depression at the minute and have talked through some gender identity issues which are quite deep-rooted. I have also experienced some of the responsibilities of parenthood in the past myself. Secondly there seem to have been a certain amount of men posting recently, some of which have been identified as trolls. Clearly trolls can be female as well. Anyway I would like to say that I am very sorry this has happened. Truthfully I dearly wish we men would have the same opportunities for emotional closeness that some women seem to have successfully created, with other men and with women. I am aware that I and other men don't really "belong" on here, and am sincerely sorry for the undesirable things which have happened online and of course more importantly in real life. Of course if the people who look after the forum feel that my and other men's membership should be deleted, then I absolutely support them doing so. I am not under any illusions that I am in any way providing any "insights" into the male mind here, I don't have any insights into that fictional construct myself. I wish you all all the best and for now thank you for tolerating me and others.

sije Tue 12-Jan-16 08:20:19

No need to apologise for the male posters OP, I've never felt the need to apologise for the female ones.

I haven't seen any suggestions that men should be banned.

Offred Tue 12-Jan-16 08:26:21

Anyone genuine belongs here.

Male and female posters sometimes post goady or trolling posts.

Take responsibility only for what you are responsible for. Don't take on the world's burdens - that is depression talking.

flowers

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 12-Jan-16 09:17:32

Er, genuine men not being goady twats are welcome. Trolls, be they male, female, or someone pretending to be the opposite sex, are not welcome. No one is saying "boot out the men".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now