Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would you be happy with this?

(7 Posts)
Happyhappy15 Sun 10-Jan-16 16:14:27

Not sure where to put this,I assumed lots of women would be here to answer.
It's my best friends 30 th birthday next month and she is a busy mum of two and doesn't like nights out so I planned a day out.
I booked a spa morning at a new spa with two treatments then use of pool and sauna etc then afterwards going for afternoon tea at this hotel in the countryside ..it looks beautiful and then cocktails.
I've booked a nice car to pick us up and drive us around.
Does that sound okay?
I didn't know whether to do that or a shopping trip but I just thought she would like this more and for her present I'm going to give her gift vouchers for her fav shop so she can always do that another day.

MoreGilmoreGirls Sun 10-Jan-16 16:16:42

That sounds lovely will you be my friend OP? I'd just ask if you know she has child care covered?

Happyhappy15 Sun 10-Jan-16 16:18:31

Yeah she gave me a day and I just have to tell her what to bring etc.
Think il tell her about the spa as if she hasn't shaved her legs she will kill me lol

CheersMedea Sun 10-Jan-16 16:20:02

I think whether we'd be happy is besides the point! Try asking your friend.

I love a spa day myself but I'd much prefer to go on my own than with a friend. I want to relax totally and not worry about a friend with me.

I have friends who detest spa days and would rather walk over hot coals. I also have friends who love the whole "girls group" down the spa.

It sounds a lovely day to me and very thoughtful - and like you've gone to a lot of trouble. But I'd double check she likes spas though. Afternoon tea and cocktails are almost everyone's cup of tea.

You sound like a lovely friend!

Happyhappy15 Sun 10-Jan-16 16:22:14

We went to a spa for my birthday( she organised it) I just wasn't sure whether it would be repetitive to do it for hers too but she does love a good pamper.
It is a different spa too so I guess that's kind of different.
I always have this moment of panic when I organise things incase they don't enjoy themselves.

CheersMedea Sun 10-Jan-16 17:02:41

Ah well in that case I'd say you were right on the money.
Stop the panic! You'll have a lovely time and I think she'll be thrilled.

Geepee71 Sun 10-Jan-16 17:09:00

Sounds perfect, have a fab day.
The fact she did that for you and enjoyed it, means it'll be a great day for both of you - for someone who likes being pampered, there is no such thing as too many spa days.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now