Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Nasty boyfriend.

(12 Posts)
Amme22 Sun 10-Jan-16 02:07:54

So I (woman (25) been with this man for (29) 2 years, lived with him 1 and a 1/2 and I thought everything was fine yes little arguments here and there
However got a hold of his phone and he'd been on dating websites I mean I was a bit suspicious cause he always tried calling me out like yeah you've cheated bla bla and I was like man shut up I wouldn't.
Anyways came down to it I stayed with him but now he likes to blame me for going on the websites in the first place saying he was bored when I was at work which by the way I was working so much to save up for this amazing trip for his bday which we went on.
He purposely says horrible things that he knows really gets to me and has said I'm a failure and what have you cause I went to uni dropped out, didn't stick at driving(cause I accidentally scraped his car) after he told me to turn a corner that was too tight.
Anyways he's just a bit crazy like I mean he calls me out for not washing a cup or for putting to much washing in the washing machine?!? Now I do love him but I mean am I being an absolute idiot staying with this ocd dating website cock uploading freak or what?

passmethewineplease Sun 10-Jan-16 02:11:29

No you don't.

Sounds like a horrid relationship.

Get out, do better.

12purpleapples Sun 10-Jan-16 07:38:38

It doesn't sound like a good relationship, or one that helps you feel better/stronger about your life.

pissedonatrain Sun 10-Jan-16 09:03:53

He sounds like dead weight dragging you down.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 10-Jan-16 09:06:46

What is there to love about this man, is this all really based on an unhealthy co-dependency?.

Why are you together at all now; love is simply not enough here because you cannot love someone better or stay with them in the hope they will change.

RiceCrispieTreats Sun 10-Jan-16 09:12:02

Your thread title could read "Nasty cheating boyfriend"

Either one of those things is a dealbreaker. You deserve better. You can do better. I hope you do.

YouBastardSockBalls Sun 10-Jan-16 09:18:24

You need to get rid of your nasty boyfriend, or you won't be free when a nice one comes along.

And the intervening time alone, however long, MUST be nicer than being with this prick, no?

Rivercam Sun 10-Jan-16 09:21:43

And his good points are?

Not a good relationship. He will grind your confidence down with these controlling, critical comments. You didn't drive him to dating sites - that was his choice. Time to ditch him, methinks.

DoreenLethal Sun 10-Jan-16 09:25:28

I love chips but doesn't mean they are good for me.

Arfarfanarf Sun 10-Jan-16 09:40:51

You're crazy for loving him, that's what you are.
You describe a lying, cheating, verbally abusive toad. What is there to love?
And please dont say that he can be nice.
Living for those times when he does not treat you like shit is not a good relationship.

Well, he goes on dating websites and talks to me like shit but sometimes he isnt a shit and that's so nice.

No. That feeling is relief that he isnt currently being horrible. It doesnt cancel out those times when he is.

You need to seriously think why you are choosing this life and if it is a choice you want to stick with.

You arent responsible for how he behaves and you cannot change someone. All you can do is decide whether or not to accept it.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sun 10-Jan-16 14:47:12

"am I being an absolute idiot staying with this ocd dating website cock uploading freak or what?"
Yes.
"he'd been on dating websites" - dealbreaker
"he likes to blame me for going on the websites" - twat. Dealbreaker.
"He purposely says horrible things that he knows really gets to me" - dealbreaker

Raise your bar OP, you've got a wrong'un there.

Catgirl83 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:16:57

The longer you stay, the more your self-esteem will be eroded by the nasty comments and the more you will feel that he is the best that you can do. And that's without taking into account the dating websites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now