Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Aibu to be upset and shocked by this??

(271 Posts)
livingtowork Sat 09-Jan-16 22:11:48

I'm staying at my boyfriend of 4 years and I've come on, I usually have more stuff with me but I wasn't expecting it until Monday so when he said he was popping to the shop to get sweets for his kids I asked if he could get me some tampons - he said he's never bought them in his life and never would - even for me!!! Its a crap area so he'd rather me walk myself to go and get them, his 12 yr old daughter said she would go with me but ffs, its tampons and this is the 21st century - I feel so sorry for his 2 daughters (although I am sure he would go and get what they needed!!) Feel like shit right now with a was of bog roll in my pants!!!! :-( :-(:-(

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 09-Jan-16 22:12:37

He needs to grow up.

AnyFucker Sat 09-Jan-16 22:12:55

Get in a taxi and go home

This one is a dud

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 09-Jan-16 22:14:13

Meh. DP won't, nor would my dad. Wanna tell my dad to grow up Darth? He'd laugh in your face.

WilLiAmHerschel Sat 09-Jan-16 22:14:19

Jesus I could not be in a ltr with someone so pathetic.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 09-Jan-16 22:15:05

bin! what a twat

HeffalumpTrap Sat 09-Jan-16 22:15:15

Selfish arsehole. You deserve someone able to put your needs above their mild embarrassment.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 09-Jan-16 22:15:19

Are you going to get them?

Use the time on the walk to assess the relationship. It sounds crap. He'd rather you be uncomfortable and inadequately resourced than have a moments discomfort himself buying tampons, and his embarrassment would be entirely in his own head. Grown men buy sanitary products all the time. Nobody blinks.

It's not the actions of a loving man.

Saxons Sat 09-Jan-16 22:16:04

Pathetic man. I would go home

HeffalumpTrap Sat 09-Jan-16 22:16:15

And milk, it just because you're surrounded by immature pricks it doesn't mean you should encourage everyone else to be

Tiggeryoubastard Sat 09-Jan-16 22:16:51

That's pathetic. Even my sons would buy them. Ridiculous 'man'.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 09-Jan-16 22:19:28

grin At my dad being an "immature prick". He'd wipe the floor with the lot of you.

DP probably is a bit though blush

BertrandRussell Sat 09-Jan-16 22:20:16

"Meh. DP won't, nor would my dad. Wanna tell my dad to grow up Darth? He'd laugh in your face."

Yep. Happy to tell your dad to grow up. If he laughed in my face it would just confirm that he really needs to grow up. Your dp, being younger, is showing that he is an arsehole. As well as needing to grow up.

AnyFucker Sat 09-Jan-16 22:20:19

Milk I would tell your pathetic father he is a twat

Bring it on

BertrandRussell Sat 09-Jan-16 22:21:16

"grin At my dad being an "immature prick". He'd wipe the floor with the lot of you."

Does that mean he's not an immature prick?

ScarlettDarling Sat 09-Jan-16 22:21:27

Milk your dad sounds just lovely.

Tiggeryoubastard Sat 09-Jan-16 22:21:44

Wipe the floor with people? Classy. hmm
You've obviously been brought up to think that normal and manly, milk. It's the opposite. That's very sad.

AnyFucker Sat 09-Jan-16 22:21:54

I feel sorry for women who know no better than to accept such juvenile males in their life

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 09-Jan-16 22:22:24

Oh how I wish I could. 'Cause honestly, I know we all think we're so clever here at our keyboards, but really... we'd all stand no chance against my dad!

BertrandRussell Sat 09-Jan-16 22:22:26

My dad was born in 1918.

He was happy to buy tampax for me.

So it's nothing to do with age.

sweetkitty Sat 09-Jan-16 22:23:31

My DH has bought them for me before he said what's the hassle everyone knows they for my other half. It's s bit like women buying condoms in a way we do actually use them.

Tel him to stop being pathetic

AnyFucker Sat 09-Jan-16 22:23:31

Milk, your dad might be able to shout louder and show more aggression

It doesn't mean he would "win" an argument though. That is an entirely different thing.

Tiggeryoubastard Sat 09-Jan-16 22:23:47

Mine was born in the 20's, he served in the RN until he was in his 50's. He bought them. That's a man.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Sat 09-Jan-16 22:23:49

Tigger - I meant intellectually I suppose. He's a very very very very very clever man. And I don't doubt that he'd flatten the lot of us with one bloody clever point.

He's like that.

AlistairSim Sat 09-Jan-16 22:23:51

What a bizarre attitude to have.
I would feel very let down and unimportant.
Has he explained why this would be such a problem for him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now