Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Shit Bag Ex Husband

(8 Posts)
Justdisappointed Fri 08-Jan-16 23:12:02

For some reason I always thought this is what STBXH stood for on Mumsnet. Now I find myself having to use the acronym myself I confess I'm (just) disappointed at what it really is. grin

Cabrinha Fri 08-Jan-16 23:15:22

Oh don't be disappointed! Soon to be XH is to be celebrated!
Although it's better when they're just XH. That's sweeeeeeeeet.

I like yours though! Before I used it, I always thought on glancing that the B was for Bastard, and was disappointed to be wrong grin

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Fri 08-Jan-16 23:21:11

I thought it stood for stupid bastard ex husband for a looooong time!

WellWhoKnew Sat 09-Jan-16 00:55:49

In my mind it was always: Soon to be ex-husband.

Hence Dear STBXH...

But I was once married to a shitbag.

And he intended to be an ex-husband.

And, oh.my.fucking.god.did I marry a wrong 'un....

I'm still working on correcting the wrong.

So you decide what it means for you. I'm not going to argue. Take care and good luck.

WWK.

Fauchelevent Sat 09-Jan-16 01:14:51

I thought it was stab the bastard ex husband??? Isn't that what it used to say in the MN acronyms list I'm sure? Else where did I get stab the bastard from?

AcrossthePond55 Sat 09-Jan-16 03:56:01

Stick the Bastard Ex-husband
Shit Twat Bastard Ex-husband
So-long Ta-ta Bastard Ex-husband

The list is endless!

Cabrinha Sat 09-Jan-16 07:40:16

Love So Long Ta Ta Bastard 👍

Anniegetyourgun Sat 09-Jan-16 08:17:58

Soon to be ex husband. I think I may have been the first poster to use it, around 8/9 years ago, so I feel a bit proprietary about it wink Definitely nothing to do with stabbing, as MN is officially opposed to domestic violence even when arguably justified.

Shit bag works too, of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now