Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A social experiment

(7 Posts)
myfirstandonlylove Fri 08-Jan-16 06:56:40

Is anyone else fed up with hearing about "social experiments"? 2 middle class plonkers trying to invent a media career film a woman haranguing a man about fabric softener or something to see if someone intervenes. How about as a social experiment people in London start speaking to one another, starting with the isolated elderly neighbour? Or stop sitting on the outside of 3 free seats on the fecking train...just a thought.

Joysmum Fri 08-Jan-16 08:45:05

No I'm not, as I've not seen any of them and not very aware this is happening to an extent where I'd get fed up about it.

Trills Fri 08-Jan-16 09:02:43

MY channels of "hearing about things" must be different to yours as I've heard a little of this but really not very much.

Maybe change who you follow of Twitter?

Trills Fri 08-Jan-16 09:03:34

I agree that people should not pretend that I'm doing a social experiment is a good excuse for behaving twattishly or doing annoying things, but I don't believe that it's terribly common.

pallasathena Fri 08-Jan-16 15:48:05

Think its all part and parcel of the cult of 'me-ism'. To be found on your nearest social media site which enthusiastically cultivates opinion to sound as if its fact.

Flatsfromnowon Sun 10-Jan-16 21:17:50

I sit on the outside of three free seats. I don't like to sit by the window as I really feel the cold (aneamic). Is it really bad to do this?

Anniegetyourgun Sun 10-Jan-16 22:50:14

I commuted by train for 30 years and never heard of that, Flats. You're probably ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now