Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feeling fed up with grumpy DH

(8 Posts)
Pooshy Sun 03-Jan-16 19:45:06

We have a 12 month old baby who doesn't sleep in the night and were both pretty exhausted, but we do have a lot of support

Since we've had her and also bought a house together earlier this year, I've realised he's pretty lazy and I do everything - including the DIY! I feel like the man AND the woman. I work and also the breadwinner so it's not like the house is my duty or something

I wouldn't even mind that much but on top of this he's grumpy every day about this or that and it's quite draining to be around. If I do try to talk to him about something he gets very defensive and grumpy so I don't feel I can bring up the fact I'm not happy with how things are, and am getting resentful instead! I tried to talk to him tonight but apparently it was the wrong time and now he's sulking upstairs

He's just so irritable and miserable all the time. I don't even feel like going out on a date night with him as well probably argue about something! I'm just worried about things not working out for the sake of our gorgeous baby

ColdWhiteWinePlease Sun 03-Jan-16 19:49:14

Just split up. Life is too short for this nonsense.

Griphook Sun 03-Jan-16 22:39:54

Is this the first time you've
Tried to speak to him?

I don't have much advice as my relationship was very similar, I feel i do everything, and having children adds to your work load while the person whose meant to help you just watches grumbling and complaining that they are tired.

Without derailing your thread, today I have looked after dc's all day, made every meal, washed up, gone shopping (with dc's) played with them, put them to bed......stbex had a lie in and not done anything else. and has been as arse all day. And he wonders why I feel so much resentment.
The problem is the resentment just chips away at the relationship till there is fuck all left.

Pooshy Mon 04-Jan-16 08:40:22

Grip hook sorry to hear that but its nice to know it's not just me! Have you tried speaking to him?

hellsbellsmelons Mon 04-Jan-16 09:33:40

So he's a cocklodger.
So get rid of him.
Tell him you want him to leave and see how he responds to that.

Griphook Mon 04-Jan-16 11:40:54

Pooshy yes we've talked lots of times, and it's helps for a bit then Goes back again. Or it happenes when he wants to do something and then wants a medal or something, it's the resentment that has eaten away the relationship till there's nothing left.

Does he look after the baby so you can get jobs done though, so if your cleaning does he entertain her so you can do it in your own?

AnyFucker Mon 04-Jan-16 11:43:19

he doesn't work at all ?

gamerchick Mon 04-Jan-16 11:49:10

So he's just like this ...lump who does nothing, grumps and sits about day in and out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now