Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH Is getting worse

(82 Posts)
ohnoppp Sat 02-Jan-16 17:49:17

Moans continually nothing is ever good enough. He does nothing in the house as he works full time. I work 4 days a week. He moans about food ironing cleaning it is draining

Hissy Sat 02-Jan-16 17:53:36

He can either pitch in and do things to his own exacting standards, or he can pay for a cleaner, laundry services and personal chef.

This really annoys me. You work one day less a week than he does, so how on earth is all of the above your fault?

ohnoppp Sat 02-Jan-16 17:55:52

Apparently as he earns considerably more than me it is all my responsibility. It is really grinding me down. He has spent all of Christmas calling me fatty

DoreenLethal Sat 02-Jan-16 17:56:10

Well if he doesn't like it - crack on mate.

No way would I be doing all that if I worked 4 days to his 5. Fuck that for a laugh.

DoreenLethal Sat 02-Jan-16 17:56:35

He has spent all of Christmas calling me fatty

And what do you do when he says this?

BlackCelebration Sat 02-Jan-16 17:57:01

He sounds charming. Tell him to go feck himself.

DoreenLethal Sat 02-Jan-16 17:57:05

Have you thought of getting a new model? Get shot of the old one first of course.

Goingtobeawesome Sat 02-Jan-16 17:57:12

I'm in a really foul mood so my response is to say tell him to buck up or fuck off.

HandyWoman Sat 02-Jan-16 18:01:44

Why don't you go on a January weight loss crash diet? Kick the moany entitled abusive fucker out. Lose 13st instantly.

Seriously. You can't live like this. It can't go on. You must be so ground down by his misery, lack of respect and self important attitude. What the hell does he add to your life? If it's only money he can pay maintenance and you can apply for tax credits and council house discount on your own. When he calls you fatty do you reply???

ohnoppp Sat 02-Jan-16 18:02:07

If I answer back he goes on and on and on. Tonight I cooked salmon roast potatoes roast parsnips and peas. Apparently he doesn't earn over X amount to be fed ducking rubbish like that. His words. When I said we'll do some cooking he said when you earn as much as me and went on and on and on

summerwinterton Sat 02-Jan-16 18:02:19

Bloody hell - the fatty comment is enough for me to say ltb. Why the bloody hell do you stay? You do know you deserve more than this vile specimen will ever offer you.

ohnoppp Sat 02-Jan-16 18:02:48

I am fat but tend to comfort eat

Goingtobeawesome Sat 02-Jan-16 18:03:11

Stop cooking and cleaning for him right now.

DoreenLethal Sat 02-Jan-16 18:03:28

What the fuck?

Stop cooking for the wanker, and start this year by seeing a solicitor. Honestly who the fuck does he think he is?

Goingtobeawesome Sat 02-Jan-16 18:03:29

No surprise you comfort eat...

issynoho Sat 02-Jan-16 18:05:00

I'm not surprised you need comfort after being treated like that. You could lose 12-13 stone by ltb...

issynoho Sat 02-Jan-16 18:05:57

And he doesn't deserve the D in DH. Unless it stands for dickhead.

summerwinterton Sat 02-Jan-16 18:06:11

I don't care if you are the size of a house - he has no right to speak to you in such a way. Will you get rid of him?

Hillfarmer Sat 02-Jan-16 18:07:53

He is a total shit. No-one deserves to be treated like that. How dare he?

Get thee to a solicitor OP, you are worth so much more than this arsehole. Truly.

TimeToMuskUp Sat 02-Jan-16 18:09:15

Wow, he sounds dreadful. Let him fend for himself when it comes to mealtimes from now on, and don't do anything about the house that benefits him; he can do his own washing, ironing and cleaning. Leave his dirty clothes at the bottom of the laundry basket each week and invite him to pay a cleaner since he sees earning more as so terribly important.

You're not beholden to him. Earning less doesn't somehow devalue you or your worth. It's perhaps time he fended for himself and realised that, actually, you are his equal.

BathtimeFunkster Sat 02-Jan-16 18:09:54

Apparently he doesn't earn over X amount to be fed ducking rubbish like that.

What an embarrassment to the human race.

Seriously, what does what he earns have to do with what food another adult human prepares for her family?

He obviously thinks his amazing earnings mean that you are his servant.

Please leave this nasty, stupid, bullying cunt.

(Crosses fingers no children are watching their mother belittled by this inadequate knobhead.)

Mrsboathook Sat 02-Jan-16 18:10:17

I never comment on threads regarding how good/bad one's dh is. Till now. I am sorry, but this is so totally unacceptable. Situation completely reversed in our house, I earn double and work ft, he does 4 days. We completely share housework, cooking and childcare. And finances. Have my very very first LTB. thanks

ohnoppp Sat 02-Jan-16 18:10:26

He claims he will fight for custody and will keep the house. He refuses to move out as he says it is his horse. Joint names on the paperwork though

ohnoppp Sat 02-Jan-16 18:10:41

House not horse

confusedandemployed Sat 02-Jan-16 18:12:03

Wow. You are married to a right cunt. LTB, he's irredeemable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now