Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lizzie Velasquez

(5 Posts)
myfirstandonlylove Fri 25-Dec-15 22:33:25

I recently came across her story.http://www.today.com/health/lizzie-velasquez-ugliest-woman-video-changed-my-life-better-t41361
I wept when I read about the horrible video and again when she said how she used it to turn her life around. It is people like this who should be celebrated not vacuous celebs. An inspiration to me as someone who has been insecure about their appearance all my life and no doubt to others too.

Elenismyname Sat 26-Dec-15 08:55:47

Yes, I heard about her before. Tremendous inner strength.

CC88 Sat 26-Dec-15 09:40:57

What an amazing person. She deserves all the happiness she could fit in to her life now.

bridie69 Sat 26-Dec-15 10:44:10

OP do you want to talk about why you have issues with your appearance?

myfirstandonlylove Sat 26-Dec-15 12:45:56

Thanks. Let's just say I had acne in my teens and while it only lasted 2 years I have never been confident since. Really though this young woman is an inspiration. I hope she finds all she is looking for from life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now