Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm starting to actually not care......

(11 Posts)
Mehtotheothers Thu 24-Dec-15 12:28:11

I'm a regular but have NC due to other posts which were a bit outing.

So my family are shit, dsis lives next door, dps always round, ignoring my dcs etc.

So it's Christmas Eve, they all have Christmas planned at dsis house and were not included, no probs but they are rubbing it in my face and it's getting worse because I'm not rising to it.

I strangely don't feel as hurt as I thought I would Be.

Here's to feeling stronger and realising that I don't need them in my life and it doesn't matter what they think.

flowers for all and a unmumsnetty Christmas hug smile

Enoughalreadyyou Thu 24-Dec-15 12:32:59

What? Why are you not invited?
Anyway get your glad rags and look happy and mysteriousflowers

TeaFathers Thu 24-Dec-15 12:35:50

Ignore those fuckers.
i'm curious why you're not invited though.

pocketsaviour Thu 24-Dec-15 13:00:31

It sounds like you will have a much better time on your own anyway! Have a good day with your DC flowers

fuzzywuzzy Thu 24-Dec-15 13:02:20

Invite friends round to yours for a pot luck?

Or have a chilled out evening with your DC.

Either way have a wonderful evening

hellsbellsmelons Thu 24-Dec-15 14:25:00

Keep that demeanor and don't rise to it.
You are doing great.
Ignore, change the subject or walk away.
Have a lovely day and be glad you aren't with the fuckwits.
You really don't need them in your life.
Lock the doors and don't open them when they do come round. Which they no doubt will, to rub your nose in it more.
Smile and wave them away.

pallasathena Thu 24-Dec-15 22:34:33

I'd move away. Far far away. They're probably massively jealous of you. You sound clever, interesting, the type of person who knows the difference between right and wrong. Some people think people who are smart are somehow up for being treated badly. I'd tell them to piss off by living your life brilliantly. It will really annoy them!

winkywinkola Thu 24-Dec-15 22:39:12

You're not invited? Why not?

Are they often unkind to you and yours like this?

It's great that you're becoming indifferent in one way but is it not so great because you're so used to their being unkind to you?

ClaireHW1978 Thu 24-Dec-15 22:40:18

Move house?

amarmai Fri 25-Dec-15 09:04:59

they need to exclude you and make you unhappy to 'enjoy' xmas? Well! How pitiful are they ? When you are not upset by them , they will need to pick a better victim! How much longer are you going to live next door to the schoolyard bullies?

GotABitTricky Wed 30-Dec-15 20:29:48

How did this pan out? Update when you can please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now