Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I being unreasonable?

(11 Posts)
Katebx Tue 22-Dec-15 21:38:16

Hello I'm new to posting on the forum but in need of some advice!
My partners twin brother recently got a new girlfriend and the other week he bumped into her on a night out, and basically to cut a long story short she tried to kiss him. His brother has forgiven her and they are still together, but I have said I will never speak to her again or go to any family events where she will be. Am I overreacting and being unreasonable? Or would you ladies feel the same way?
Thanks smile

Seeyounearertime Tue 22-Dec-15 21:39:36

Are they identical? Did she mistake twin A for Twin B?

sinber Tue 22-Dec-15 21:46:15

Was she drunk? Was she confused? The devil's in the detail.

Creampastry Tue 22-Dec-15 21:47:23

If they are identical what's the problem .... Hazard of being a twin.

SpanglesGalloway Tue 22-Dec-15 21:48:30

Did she know it was her fellas brother or did she make a drunken mistake.

Katebx Tue 22-Dec-15 21:58:50

No they are non identical so she didn't mistake who it was! And she's met both of us together so she knew he was in a relationship.
The question of being drunk, she's told a few people she was hammered and told others she'd had one drink.. So I'm not entirely sure but my partner said she looked like she'd drunk at least a couple

BatsUpMyNightie Tue 22-Dec-15 22:02:05

Well if their relationship goes the distance and your relationship goes the distance then it's going to be a long old life refusing to be in the same room as her for potentially 50 years or more isn't it?
I think you're being a bit reactionary tbh. Some things it's worth just letting go of.

Katebx Tue 22-Dec-15 22:07:08

Yeah that is true, maybe I'll feel differently when a bit of time has passed.
I've always been rather stubborn!!!
Thanks everyone for your opinions

Morganly Tue 22-Dec-15 22:51:55

I don't blame you for being angry, plus how awkward for the two brothers. This is the sort of thing that could really drive a wedge between them.

I think I would avoid her for a while at least though it might be interesting to see how she behaves with you all now e.g. is she embarrassed and ashamed, does she apologise to you, does she look like she's trying to make it up to her boyfriend?

He's the one I really feel sorry for. It sounds like you and your boyfriend are secure, but imagine having a girlfriend who tries to get off with your own twin brother. I can't really see this one lasting but I suppose it's possible that this is just a very early hiccup and things will settle down in the future. I'd be a bit wary of her for a good while though.

Katebx Tue 22-Dec-15 23:01:08

Yeah she could have easily caused my partner and his brother not to speak again. Well she hasn't apologised to me, and around the rest of the family she's just normal as if nothing has happened! I wouldn't be able to look at anyone again!
Yes I think his brother needs to watch his back, if she can do that with his twin what would she be like with a random bloke!

TimeToMuskUp Tue 22-Dec-15 23:04:22

I think if anything you should go and just give her the cod-eye at all family parties; she's the one who did the dick move, not you. Why should you remove yourself from the family because she's got problems?

Go and stand your ground and don't be cowed by her stupid antics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now