Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.


(11 Posts)
Cupcakesandlove Tue 22-Dec-15 04:50:28

Hi I've just had a baby and I live with my parents my partner doesn't live with us and that's his choice I'm physically and mentally exhausted he only comes over once in the week and stays once in the weekend but even when he's here he doesn't help I need to get rid of him what's the point I'm practically a single mother no I fact I am he has no respect shouts and swears at me how do I end it

staffiegirl Tue 22-Dec-15 05:01:54

Sorry you're having such a difficult time; it sounds awful having such a useless 'partner'.

How to end it? Just tell him to fuck off. The sooner the better.

He sounds a tosser. Shouting and swearing at the mother of his baby hmm You deserve more.

wannabestressfree Tue 22-Dec-15 05:04:45

I would rather you didn't come round anymore. ...

ALaughAMinute Tue 22-Dec-15 07:23:05

What's the point in sticking with him if he makes you unhappy?

Be strong. Get rid of him.


RedMapleLeaf Tue 22-Dec-15 07:28:06

Tell him that the relationship isn't working for you any more and that you need to both start thinking about how you're going to parent your child now that you're separated.

ihatethecold Tue 22-Dec-15 07:36:54

Oh op. Firstly congrats on your new baby. flowers

I had a baby quite young and found myself in your situation.
I hung on for 5 years hoping the situation would change.
It didn't!
I should've got rid so much sooner.
I do regret that.
You can do it. I know it's hard but sometimes when you know it's just down to you it's easier to deal with.

Cupcakesandlove Tue 22-Dec-15 08:04:28

Wannabestressfree- he doesn't come over anyway ha!

I just don't know what to say to him yes I could say F off and things...

DoreenLethal Tue 22-Dec-15 08:08:10

How about 'it is over - please don't come over. Send me an email and we can sort out access arrangements'.

AnAngelsSins Tue 22-Dec-15 12:08:06

He sounds pathetic OP, and as you've realised, not worth your time. I think a simple text along the lines of - Don't come round here anymore, I've realised I can do better. I will email you regarding access and child support at a later date.

Well done for not putting up with this. flowers

QuiteLikely5 Tue 22-Dec-15 12:21:24

He is no father!

i suspect you would want him in your life if he could change, well that is going to be very unlikely.

Advise him you are not happy with him and would like to call it a day. Suggest a proposed contact schedule for the baby and see what he says.

LIZS Tue 22-Dec-15 12:24:02

Where does he live ? Is he contributing financially?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: