Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

1st Christmas alone feeling meh!

(19 Posts)
Drivingmecrazy30 Mon 21-Dec-15 21:14:43

Just that really!! Anyone else?

Wibhay Mon 21-Dec-15 22:03:54

Yup I'm with you on that one. Feel like writing Christmas off this year. Bah humbug

Drivingmecrazy30 Mon 21-Dec-15 22:12:28

I go between complete excitement because of my DD to complete misery when she not here!! How are you getting through it? I've been in my pjs all day least I've got work to morrow to take my mind off it!!

regretsihaveafew Mon 21-Dec-15 22:18:13

This will be my first Christmas on my own.
I will spend it in peace, in front of the fire, and treat myself. No one on my case...lovely.

RedMapleLeaf Mon 21-Dec-15 22:22:49

Me too. I'm not too worried about Christmas Day at all really. And weekends have been busy all month with Christmas parties and meals, but with usual social commitments having wound down over the festive period today's been a looong day.

Thinking about going to cinema on my own tomorrow night.

But that still leaves Wednesday and Thursday.

Cabrinha Mon 21-Dec-15 22:32:13

I'm looking forward to it! I'm alone from 13:00 Xmas Day to 20:00 Boxing Day. Peace and quiet - bliss!
I shall read, lie in, go out on my bike, try not to do anything silly like housework!

CC88 Mon 21-Dec-15 22:42:57

Last year was my first Christmas alone and it was fine. Ds loves Christmas with his dad and if he's happy then that's most important. I'm much more at peace being on my own this Christmas. Going to absolutely chill out. An over enthusiastic admirer asked me to spend Christmas day with him and I said no I'd rather be on my own than with the wrong man.

OhBeloved Mon 21-Dec-15 23:36:32

That made me laugh CC88 - you certainly sorted that one out! What did he say to that?

Hope all those alone enjoy the day and have nice treats planned with no fecker around to ruin them

OhBeloved Mon 21-Dec-15 23:37:18

What are you going to see at the cinema Redmaple ?

Justaboy Mon 21-Dec-15 23:44:44

Well Xmas sans ex missus, but got 3 DD's coming to stay and cook Xmas din dins for their Dadsmile

So happy bunny:-)

RedMapleLeaf Tue 22-Dec-15 07:10:14

That's lovely Justa, I'm glad you came to post that on a thread about spending Christmas on your own! grin

OhBeloved I'm not sure. I'm thinking of trying a small independent cinema rather than one of the big brash cinemas showing all of the hits.

Justaboy Tue 22-Dec-15 10:22:24

RedMapleLeaf Ah!, suppose the should be a bit more qualified some might interpret that as totally alone, some might see it as relationship without GF BF, Partner, Hubby, Missus STBX what and whichever;)

Savagebeauty Tue 22-Dec-15 10:24:08

Its Xmas without ex.
Oh the joy.

Imbroglio Tue 22-Dec-15 10:29:02

The shops are the worst thing. Going round the supermarket with everyone else filling their trolleys to overflowing.

I'm not strictly speaking on my own as i will be visiting my mum in her care home and volunteering and I'm looking forward to it.

Cabrinha Tue 22-Dec-15 13:56:00

Justaboy I think it's pretty obvious what it meant confused God forbid you just say "oooops, sorry"?

TokenGinger Tue 22-Dec-15 14:05:54

Why is Justa getting grief for mentioning DDs when OP herself said she goes from feeling excited about spending it with DD?? OP is doing the same thing!!

TokenGinger Tue 22-Dec-15 14:07:08

Sorry Justa, not herself, himself! Just re-read your message and clocked on that your daughters are coming to cook for you.

That's lovely, I hope you have a great day.

Itisbetternow Tue 22-Dec-15 18:33:02

Blimey leave Justa alone!!! His dds are visiting him! If a man dares to post sometimes he gets attacked!!! Boring.

Justaboy Tue 22-Dec-15 19:42:46

Well i perhaps do fit the criteria if it can be backdated a year?

I almost forgot, I know a reall heathen, that it was Xmas last year totally forgot to go and buy any grub, still a packet of cornflakes kept one going till boxing day;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now