Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Major age difference - do I tell him?

(7 Posts)
MrsMiniver Mon 21-Dec-15 19:35:59

I'm 58 and haven't had a relationship/shag in 5 years. Have been told more than once that I look good for my age. A nice guy who I met through dog walking (we both have dogs) has asked me on a date. He looks about 35 but am reliably informed he's in his early 40s. I'm not looking for a relationship/anything serious but have a feeling he might be as he's just split up with his partner.

Do I fess up or let the issue arise organically? From what I know about him, he's a real gent, kind, laid back and serious (a bit like me). Am I over-thinking?

coveredinsnot Mon 21-Dec-15 19:37:50

I'd wait for it to come up naturally. Be confident in yourself, age really doesn't matter when there's attraction and warmth.

MimiLaBonq1 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:37:51

Have you lied about your age? If not then let it come up as and when, but hopefully sooner rather than later. If you have lied then you need to tell him.

GooseFriend Mon 21-Dec-15 19:38:36

Yeah you are over thinking it a bit! If it's causing you worry though make some veiled reference to it which'll indicate what age range you're in. Some reference to growing up round here in whatever decade... Or something a bit less crap than that suggestion.

lighteningirl Mon 21-Dec-15 19:43:31

I would tell him asap I am in my fifties I look like a forty something and used to really struggle when single as men were quite age inappropriate. I am very happily married now to a man five years older than me and the constant search for reading glasses desire to go bed at seven o clock and mutual love of garden centres makes me glad on a daily basis I rejected all those younger men. absolutely didn't have some fun along the way

MrsMiniver Mon 21-Dec-15 19:48:39

No, age hasn't come up but am finding it so hard to to think he finds me attractive (have zero confidence). But listening to what you say ligthengirl.

BackInTheRealWorld Mon 21-Dec-15 19:51:02

He has asked YOU out not your birth certificate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now