Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Give him another chance or no?

(9 Posts)
AmeliaBraddersLeftShoe Mon 21-Dec-15 18:48:09

New guy from OD and two dates one after the other. Our first date was fab and very drunken, lots of kissing, but the second (cinema) night was worse sadly - he wasn't super affectionate, body language kind of pointing away from me at beginning, and not always making direct eye contact when we had food after - really awkward table positioning argh. BUT I think this could also be shyness?

He was chatty, warm, and receptive though in fairness too him... And I fancied him.

I did feel a tad rejected by him not responding to my efforts to snuggle up in cinema and not give me a kiss goodnight confused

I half heartedly agreed to see him again as I wasn't sure whether I liked him. He has just got in contact today asking how I'm doing. Do I leave it? Is he interested or just after the attention?

ThreeRuddyTubs Mon 21-Dec-15 18:50:51

I would see him once more. I wouldn't expect someone to be affectionate and all over me on a second date

BackInTheRealWorld Mon 21-Dec-15 18:52:06

First date - drunk, so not real.
Second date - pretty much first date cos this is sober so getting to know each other.
Have third date - see where it goes.
As a grown up I don't think there is any need to rush to the snuggling bit, why not get to know each other first. You might find out you don't want to snuggle.

AmeliaBraddersLeftShoe Mon 21-Dec-15 18:56:51

Ok - it was quite awkward at times though! Is this to be expected?

BackInTheRealWorld Mon 21-Dec-15 19:02:55

He was probably a bit nervous.
Go/don't go, it's up to you.
But id rather assess someone's suitability as a partner over a few sober dates than one drunk snoggy one.
Get to know him, it often helps!

BackInTheRealWorld Mon 21-Dec-15 19:03:58

God that sounded pompous...it wasn't supposed to! grin

Cabrinha Mon 21-Dec-15 19:33:36

I'm with Back - both on the not having drunken early dates - and not wanting to sound pompous saying that grin

It's easy to get carried away when you're drunk and have the adrenalin going from first date nerves and the very powerful excitement of "ooooh, I do fancy this one AND he wants to kiss me".

Second dates can be a bit odd, how to behave now...

If you liked him just felt a bit awkward at the cinema, give it another sober date. But snuggling up is for boyfriends I think, not dates.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 21-Dec-15 19:50:30

Of course dating is awkward at times! If you think there might be potential, see him again, unless he got on your tits in which case don't

Cabrinha Mon 21-Dec-15 19:56:02

I thought the problem was that he wasn't getting on her tits? 😂

(sorry ☺️)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now