Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sitting on my hands

(7 Posts)
NotNowButTomorrow Mon 21-Dec-15 15:29:00

I really want to text someone I've been seeing but I'm trying to wait until actual Christmas so it's less random and weird.

Long story short, I definitely would like to see him again but behaved like a Victorian freak when I bumped into him last week in town - just froze! Think he thinks I'm not interested fangry <--- angry at self

Must distract self.

Dowser Mon 21-Dec-15 15:32:02

You could just txt And say it was lovely to bump into in town last week. Would be nice to have a meet up over Christmas.

That should do it. I don't think it professes undying love or anything over the top like that ;-)

FredaMayor Mon 21-Dec-15 15:32:27

What is a Victorian freak?

NotNowButTomorrow Mon 21-Dec-15 15:34:54

FredaMayor, that would be me smile

I just went all Victorian on him, went absolutely cold and stiff, almost as if I wanted a chaperone there?! Don't know what I was thinking.

Dowser, good plan but we have texted since and potentially agreed to see each other in New Year. But I'd like to reesetablish the lines of communication!

Feelingkonfused Mon 21-Dec-15 15:56:22

Text him merry Christmas maybe? Get some chat going about Xmas shopping? smile

Cabrinha Mon 21-Dec-15 19:01:28

It is more random and weird not to text someone you're seeing.

Come on - are you 13?

Why the games?

If you're worried he thinks you're not interested, why make it look even more like you're not?

FFS - either just text him done normal chat, or if the accidental meet up was really weird, text him and apologise. Just text "don't know what came over me in town, think it was just the surprise of seeing you unexpectedly - came over all tongue tied! blush Are you free for coffee tomorrow?"

FoxesSitOnBoxes Mon 21-Dec-15 19:04:08

Just text him to say that it was lovely to see him and sorry if you came across a bit strange but.... (Insert reason). If you leave it til Christmas he'll get your text with a dozen others and then have a massive dinner and a load of wine and forget that you texted at all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now