Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Seeing someone casually - want to chat over xmas

(4 Posts)
Pennypenpens Mon 21-Dec-15 07:48:37

So! Just started seeing someone very casually buuut we're both ever so polite and proper!

Im normally shy with these things but I'd like to casually message to see how he is - nothing ventured, nothing gained and if he doesn't respond well to my efforts then were a bad match anyway!

Wise mumsnetters, fling me a few conversation starters to message him with!!

I could just wait til Christmas day to wish him a happy Christmas, but don't want to wait that long! <impatient>

Oh and to complicate matters further I'm away with family until early Jan so we can't even organise anything.

Fire away fsmile

Cabrinha Mon 21-Dec-15 08:43:07

How are you seeing someone, even casually, if you can't just pick up your phone and text them? confused
How did you meet? Have you been on a date? Have you spoken about meeting again? Has he messaged you? Do you want a casual relationship or do you just mean you've started dating and it hasn't developed yet but that's what you're looking for - committed not casual?

I'd just text "hey, what are you up to today? I'm <whatever you're doing>"

Just say anything to get the ball rolling.

What would you send to a friend today?

"4 more sleeps!"
"Work busy today, be glad when Xmas rush is over"

RedMapleLeaf Mon 21-Dec-15 09:07:10

Are you not normally in touch if not seeing each other for a few days? Or has it all been pretty much face-to-face so far?

I like cabrinha's suggestions.

flatbellyfella Mon 21-Dec-15 12:33:52

You could just text him "Hi,are you all prepared & ready for Christmas festivities." Then wish him a Happy Christmas.fwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now