Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you do?

(7 Posts)
MelonMedley Sun 20-Dec-15 13:21:58

I dated a guy last year for 4 months. We never labled the relationship so not sure I can class him as an ex.

It was a short relationship but I can say it was the happiest I felt in a long time. We spilt because we were on different pages at the time and I wanted more than what he could give me. Anyway we both went our separate ways and dated other people but have recently got in contact, believe or not I accidentally called him on whatsapp and long story short we have started speaking again and have met up on four occasions. We have slept together which has probably clouded my judgement on this.

He is single but has admitted that at the moment he wants to concentrate on him and his kids which i absolutely respect but I do get the impression that there could be an opportunity for us to try again sometime in the future.

So, what should I do? I don't want to just wait for him but I don't want to miss this opportunity, if that's what it is. We have briefly mentioned meeting up after Christmas but nothing more has been said. Should I ask him or wait for him,to bring it up?

Has anyone been in a similar position?

Cabrinha Sun 20-Dec-15 13:28:15

He doesn't want you.
He's happy to have casual sex with you.
Sorry to be blunt, but there's no point in being otherwise, and you'll just get hurt, and stop yourself meeting someone who does want you.
Been where you are!

There is no opportunity for you UK try again in the future. If he wanted you, he'd be begging you to bear with his constraints as he tries to have a relationship and focus on his children.

Enoughalreadyyou Sun 20-Dec-15 13:28:54

He has made it clear he does not want to be in a serious relationship with you. So if you carry on seeing him but deny this truth you will end up getting hurt. If I were you I would move on and find ways to make yourself happy without him.

munkynutts Sun 20-Dec-15 13:29:00

This is a tricky one but unfortunately this is now the second time that he "hasn't been ready". I'm inclined to believe that if a person really deeply likes you, the time will always be right.

Cabrinha Sun 20-Dec-15 13:32:01

I note that he also dated other people. It has been my experience that a loving committed relationship is far easier to fit in around children than serial dating.
I found it hard to find time to go out on dates as a single parent. With my boyfriend, it's so much easier - he wants us to work, so if I say "I can only do stopping in at mind after child bedtime" then he's happy to do that. Similarly, his child is unwell so he can't do romantic weekends away - so we don't, for now.

Listen to him - he's told you twice that he doesn't want more than a casual arrangement with sex. You did the right thing first time - walk away.

Snowglobe1 Sun 20-Dec-15 19:01:52

He doesn't want the same as you. Move on.

antimatter Sun 20-Dec-15 19:04:27

The only opportunity you have is for casual sex.
So if you are after that you'll have it on tap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now