Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The Hero's Spouse

(10 Posts)
Horopu Sun 20-Dec-15 08:10:07

Someone has recommended this website to me:
www.midlifecrisismarriageadvocate.com/

It doesn't really seem like my kind of thing but I wonder if I am not being fair and if others have found it helpful?

Toffeelatteplease Sun 20-Dec-15 08:21:51

It's sounds like how to do the pick me dance "better"....

steakpunararemediumwelldone Sun 20-Dec-15 14:44:29

They openly admit they have an anti divorce agenda. It sounds tedious.

ShortcutButton Sun 20-Dec-15 14:50:41

Its a weird and off putting name

Other than that, it looks, well...shit?

Horopu Sun 20-Dec-15 15:03:16

Thanks, that's what I feel. My h left 5 months ago to be nearer his new girlfriend. I don't want him back at all, although it is very hard to come to terms with. I was very surprised when I looked at the site that someone would think it was a good idea for me. I'm a bit fragile at moment though so thought I should check with some sensible people.

Intheprocess Sun 20-Dec-15 15:35:39

Let's dress up my personal moral agenda / defensive apologist self-justification in some on-message psychobabble and make lots of money!

Nope.

MidnightVelvetthe4th Sun 20-Dec-15 15:43:05

I got about halfway down the main page.

I disagree with pretty much everything on there tbh. Leaving a marriage is not 'stepping down' its stepping away & under no circumstances do I think that marriage vows should be upheld to someone's detriment.

I'd give it a steer OP, hope you're alright smile brew

ShortcutButton Sun 20-Dec-15 16:52:16

flowers horopu

Horopu Sun 20-Dec-15 20:16:49

Thanks again everyone, I've got some great rl support but I know the people of Mumsnet will always steer me right too!

Horopu Sun 20-Dec-15 20:16:52

Thanks again everyone, I've got some great rl support but I know the people of Mumsnet will always steer me right too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now