Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sharing my Christmas happiness

(12 Posts)
Queenofhappiness Sat 19-Dec-15 08:47:10

A year ago enormous cracks appeared in my marriage. I was utterly utterly desperate. I think my situation was up there with the most severe abusive/controlling marriages that've been on MN for a while & you all rallied round. When I thought 'there's no way I can do this', when I clawed myself along by my fingertips, you were all here to help me & keep me going. Now here I am, Deckthehallswithdesperation has turned into the Queenofhappiness! I am divorced. My kids are well. I am safe & secure. And most unbelievably of all, I have a new man. We're spending Christmas together. He's so loving/caring & generous I'm on cloud 9. Thank you so much everyone for pulling me through the most horrific experience of my entire life. I was bathed in acid & roasted in the fires of hell by my ex.

Fooshufflewickbannanapants Sat 19-Dec-15 08:58:43

Fabulous post to read 😀. Good luck for the new year.

chickenfordinner Sat 19-Dec-15 09:00:59

So so pleased for you. I don't remember seeing your posts, sorry, but what amazing strength you must have had to leave and I am SO pleased for you and your kids that you did. Have an amazing Christmas xxx

lazymoz Sat 19-Dec-15 12:32:58

I remember you and I'm so happy that you are now out the other side. Merry Christmas to you all those you hold dear x

Lavent Sat 19-Dec-15 12:46:03

Lovely thread OP I am so pleased for you! Gives me hope too that happiness might still be out there.

Have a lovely Christmas wine

pocketsaviour Sat 19-Dec-15 16:42:46

It's lovely to hear you're doing so well Deck, and that your DDs are doing good too. Have a wonderful Xmas smile

marzipanmaggie Sat 19-Dec-15 19:48:11

Congratulations and very heartening to hear. I'm somewhere along the path on the way up to where you are and its good to hear positive stories.

Savagebeauty Sat 19-Dec-15 19:50:09

Fabulous news . Have a wonderful 2016 x

inlectorecumbit Sat 19-Dec-15 19:55:50

What a wonderful update, l remember your threads Deck. It sounds like 2016 is going to be a good one for you wine

Scarletforya Sat 19-Dec-15 19:56:12

Brilliant! I remember you! 'Deckthehallswithfestiveelation' suits you better this year!

TheFormidableMrsC Mon 21-Dec-15 00:12:23

This is lovely to read, I remember your posts in Hobbits Bar and I am really glad that you have managed to create a new life for you and your children! Huge congratulations and I hope that 2016 brings you the peace and happiness you deserve smile flowers

Sansoora Mon 21-Dec-15 07:24:33

What a lovely catch up. smile

Congratulations and here's to the most wonderful of happy ever afters. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now