Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Twatty ex boyfriend sent me a Christmas card

(8 Posts)
pompster Fri 18-Dec-15 19:21:45

I think I need a rant more than anything. My boyfriend ended our relationship 3 months ago. It'd been rocky for a while as he suffered depression and felt he could not give me what I wanted and he couldn't handle a relationship so he packed and left. Together two years, no kids together or anything, not cohabiting but he was at mine most of the time.

I was utterly heart broken when he left and he knows this.

Since then we've had brief contact via text and a phone call, basically him in a selfish self-pity mode and then recently him saying he wanted to be friends, and trying to offload stuff like his work concerns onto me. I made it clear I didnt want that as too hurt and raw and wanted to just move on in peace.

I made this ultimately clear to him a couple of weeks ago and said please leave me alone.
Then today I turn up home and there were two Xmas cards on the mat, from the postman - one for me and one for my 11yo who was also totally gutted when ex left.

Just saying hope you have a lovely Xmas love and hugs xxx and ds's had one of their private jokes inside it.

I am fuming angry I've binned them before ds could see as he'd be so upset if he was reminded of him again.

Why is he so thoughtless and not respecting my wishes? My card even had the printed words "love and snuggles" confused. He left ME, why won't he leave me alone?!

He broke my heart why won't he just piss off?!

Tate15 Fri 18-Dec-15 19:41:46

He is selfish. He can't be with you but can't be without you.

Any attention from you will give him the green light to be in your life but on his terms.

Well done for staying strong. Block his number and carry on moving on.

You sand your son deserve so much more xxx

bjrce Fri 18-Dec-15 22:05:05

OP.,

You did the right thing. agree with the PP he's a selfish fucker, it all about him!
When you ignore him long enough, he will take the hint and fuck off!

Hassled Fri 18-Dec-15 22:11:49

He's trying to salve his guilty conscience by telling himself "It's OK, we're friends so I can't have been that much of a shit". He will piss off eventually if you just don't respond to anything - but sounds like you're well shot.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 18-Dec-15 23:27:51

I was going to suggest jumping up and down on it, ripping it up then burning it..

Suddenlyseymour Sat 19-Dec-15 13:42:45

My ex did this only 2 days ago......I posted it back!

pompster Sat 19-Dec-15 21:31:15

That's spot on, he IS selfish and thinking he can right his wrongs by sending a soppy friendly card. I am ignoring it completely.

Goingtobeawesome Sat 19-Dec-15 21:45:22

He wants a shag for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now