Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Puppy dumped in the front garden!

(12 Posts)
Noregrets78 Thu 17-Dec-15 22:13:41

'Surprise' present for DD, who is NC with her father. He has driven 5 hours with this puppy, dumped it in the front garden and driven off because she wouldn't see him. Don't know whether to laugh or cry! We are in no position to have a dog, which he knows and DD understands.

Puppy is safe with a wonderful foster family, DD is upset that her Dad would do this to her.

Just wanted to sound off really, as it's better than breaking my dignified silence on FB!

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Thu 17-Dec-15 22:15:17

Dear Lord! How irresponsible!!

Hissy Thu 17-Dec-15 22:25:39

Wtaf? Jeez what a monumental prick! Your poor dd!

whatsforsupper Thu 17-Dec-15 22:27:37

What a prick ,he has to bring a poor animal into the picture, sorry for you the pup and your dd.

Noregrets78 Thu 17-Dec-15 22:57:25

Just googled the place he bought it from - renowned puppy farm. Poor mite. I try to imagine what he was thinking but then give up as it's too screwed up. I'd imagine he thought I'd be forced to keep it as it was already bought, or at least I'd be the big bad witch if we didn't. But DD is too wise for that.

Stupid games with a puppy and a child stuck in the middle.

CiderwithBuda Thu 17-Dec-15 23:01:38

What an idiot.

ShebaShimmyShake Thu 17-Dec-15 23:28:53

God what an arsehole.

Berthatydfil Thu 17-Dec-15 23:31:32

What a shit to do that to you your dd and the poor pup

VestalVirgin Thu 17-Dec-15 23:55:51

Wow. That is nearly as bad as putting a dead animal on the doorstep, what with the puppy coming from a puppy farm. (Not sure about word meaning, but you mean those irresponsible places where they basically mass produce puppies, right?)

Good thing your daughter doesn't buy his bullshit. What a vile plan!

MadeMan Fri 18-Dec-15 00:35:29

Has he never heard of those "Puppies are for life, not just for xmas" mantras that have been churned out for decades?

Noregrets78 Fri 18-Dec-15 00:45:50

Thank you everyone, it really is as shitty as I think, isn't it!

MaitlandGirl Fri 18-Dec-15 01:51:09

What a horrible thing to do, but how amazing is your daughter to both know and accept that giving up the puppy is the right thing to do.

You must be very proud of her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now