Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Perhaps a bit trivial but...

(7 Posts)
slightlybothered Thu 17-Dec-15 00:00:48

I'm a stay at home mum with two small boys. My older one has some behavioural issues and my toddler is at a very exhausting and demanding stage. My days can be very tough and long. My partner has a big and demanding job and I know he is super busy, never has time to call or text to ask how we are and how my day is. However, tonight he was going to their Christmas party and texted me at 6pm to tell me he forgot his keys and to te me where to leave them for him. Not a question "how has your day been?". " how are the boys"? Nothing. Am I unreasonable to be quite p***ed off about it? Surely, even the busiest person can include this is their text before a night out?

Marchate Thu 17-Dec-15 00:02:10

Depends how selfish they are?

purpledasies Thu 17-Dec-15 00:07:52

Depends I think how he is when he's at home. If he comes in and asks then how your day's been, etc then I think you're being a bit needy by expecting texts during the day when he's focused on work.

If he never takes any interest in your life when he's at work that's a much bigger issue

sinber Thu 17-Dec-15 00:09:33

He doesn't have time to worry about the little woman at home, he's starring in his own movie.

HandyWiseWoman Thu 17-Dec-15 00:12:06

Might not be trivial but depends on the wider context. What's he like when at home??

hellsbellsmelons Thu 17-Dec-15 12:02:23

Is this just the tip of the iceberg?

mum2mum99 Thu 17-Dec-15 12:36:52

Sounds like you feel a bit side lined. have you ever told him how you felt?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now