Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Quite pissed off

(5 Posts)
ErnieInDisguise Wed 16-Dec-15 21:57:29

Had two dates with same guy, first one great, second one bit awkward as I was ill and we were both staying off wine which had helped break the ice beforehand. Anyway we spoke about seeing each other again and he seemed very into the idea (asked me a few times, said how nice I looked etc) but then after second date I wasn't so sure - it all ended a bit strangely and I was worried he felt I wasn't that into him physically (I am but was feeling ill and out of it).

Anyway we texted to thank each other for the evening and I asked him to let me know if he wanted to do something in early Jan when I'm next in his city. No reply, but he's seen it.

This was only a few hours ago but I'm a bit offended I have gone out on a limb and he's not said anything - not even to decline! I was in two minds whether or not to ask and now really wishing I hadn't...

wintersocks Wed 16-Dec-15 22:06:41

I really wouldn't worry here - its not like you're chasing after him. It's quite normal to suggest meeting up, why not. There could be lots of reasons he hasn't replied. I'd think, if it was plans for next month, to reply nearer the time maybe, even if I liked the person. He wouldn't necessarily see your text as urgent at all? Anyway, you don't sound that sure about him tbh. And you can't see him for a few weeks anyway so just forget him for now and see what else occurs

ErnieInDisguise Thu 17-Dec-15 12:38:18

Really? Ok thanks! Yeah I'm still not sure about the chemistry etc but would be happy to see him one more time in a more chilled atmosphere just to get to know him more. I just get the feeling that if he liked me (which he implied he did but maybe I ruined it with awkwardness/rejecting kiss etc) he would have replied just saying that x date would be good, and that he'd like to see me again... But nothing...

ErnieInDisguise Thu 17-Dec-15 13:01:22

Sorry - don't know what I'm looking for by posting this! I guess I just hate feeling rejected (don't we all). In an ideal world id really like to click with him as he is great in lots of ways so just a shame about the second date really!

wintersocks Thu 17-Dec-15 13:52:05

If it's meant to be then it will. He's not the last man on the planet grin If he likes you and wants to see you again, you can't 'put him off' that easily. anyway, unless he's said no I don't want to see you then you've not been rejected. Just let it go and check out some other fish in the sea until January

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now