Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Christmas Present Conundrum

(6 Posts)
grandaddixie Wed 16-Dec-15 13:59:20

Our youngest son and his wife and our two grandchildren are going to her parents and brother's home this Christmas, and not returning until about 3 January. What should we do about the grandchildren's Christmas presents, before, on the day, or when they get back?

shoeaddict83 Wed 16-Dec-15 14:04:14

Cant you just give them the presents before and they can take them with them to wherever they have xmas? is this the first time you have not see your son on xmas day then?
I alternate seeing my parents and the xmas's we arent with them they just give me all our presents before so we can open them on the day then ring and thank them!

grandaddixie Wed 16-Dec-15 14:10:15

Last time they were away over Christmas they were back 3 days later and had them then.

GeoffreysGoat Wed 16-Dec-15 14:14:53

Ask them? Invite them round on epiphany and have your own celebration together?

Imbroglio Wed 16-Dec-15 14:17:42

I'd wait until you see them. Spreads out the fun. Getting everything at the same time can be overwhelming.

grandaddixie Wed 16-Dec-15 17:14:47

Thanks for your replies everyone. We've decided to let them take them with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now