Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I really need some advice

(5 Posts)
Howcanthisbe66 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:08:46

Hi,

There is a lot of backstory to this but for safety I can't really tell it here.

Got beat up by Dh went to court and he got off. I feel so let down so scared he will get me now.

Any advice welcome.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 10-Dec-15 10:46:46

I'm sorry you went through that OP and then to get no justice is just horrible.
I really have no advice for you as I cannot imagine what that would do to someone.
Was there not enough evidence?
Ensure the police have your back.
Make sure you are on their high priority call log so if you dial 999 they can get to you quickly.
I really hope things start to look up for you soon.

LlamaLover Thu 10-Dec-15 11:10:15

Hugs.

Are you safe now? Do you have children? Are they safe? Are there things you can do to make you safer? Or to feel safer? Are there any groups or agencies supporting you?

Please know that how it is now is not how it will always be. There is a time in the future when you will be safe and feel safe. Please do not despair. You have been horribly let down by both your husband and the justice system. But that doesn't define you. Deep breath, go deep into your reserves of energy and make a plan to make yourself and your family safe ASAP.

Sending you supportive hugs

SequinCoat Thu 10-Dec-15 11:34:06

So sorry to hear this x

Howcanthisbe66 Thu 10-Dec-15 12:16:49

Yes I have children. We have legal support and some real life support and yes we had evidence too. It didn't matter.

I was safe up to this point as I had a protective order but now he has got off he is challenging it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now