Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New relationships after domestic abuse/ dating advice for those long out of dating game

(4 Posts)
Lullabullacoo Tue 08-Dec-15 23:08:57

1) Please can I get some stories of happy endings from you after a violent & emotionally abusive relationship ? I need some positivity...
2) I am almost 2 years out of such a relationship, finally feeling like myself again and feel happiness too. But I am feeling very lonely despite my two gorgeous children. I joined an online dating site but I felt I could not get an idea of a man from a profile (funnily enough I am a little wary now). I did see one profile which I checked out, he had no photo, but I felt as though I could have connected with him, lots in common. I did not realise that he could see who looked at him, finally plucked up the courage to contact him & he had left the site. Afterwards I realised it was a widowed father from my son's school, see him every day, feel very awkward now. We have never spoken as my son is new at the school. Do I say Hi? Or do I carry on as if I do not know who he is? Last time I was single I was a very naive & sheltered 22 year old (now 36). i really have no clue about these things.
Please be kind

BertieBotts Tue 08-Dec-15 23:18:56

Hello! I have to go to bed but will be back in morning, hopefully.

www.baggagereclaim.co.uk is VERY good.

Have you done freedom programme? Do you feel confident you could recognise the signs of a good relationship, rather than an unhealthy one, these days? I found a lot of hanging around these boards helped me but recommend reading and learning a lot. It takes a while to hone the twat radar.

I think you should definitely try to strike up a conversation with the man from school smile About how best to do that... I won't advise. Am full of cold and probably not the best judge right now. Not sure whether it's a good idea to mention the site or not. Also bear in mind that he might have removed profile as he has met somebody.

Lullabullacoo Tue 08-Dec-15 23:49:13

Thank you, Bertie! I have done freedom programme, therapy & lots of other books (Lundy Bancroft very good books). Hadn't heard of the baggage web site, will definitely check it out. And yes, I wondered if he had met someone.

BertieBotts Tue 08-Dec-15 23:54:17

Oh yes Saint Lundy of Bancroft grin

I mean, he might not have met someone, so it's worth a try, just go slow.

Argh I should have gone to bed by now. Well, speak soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now