Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Regrets

(5 Posts)
howtorebuild Mon 07-Dec-15 01:16:28

How do you live with misunderstandings and reactions that ruined relationships?

Lelania Mon 07-Dec-15 03:02:20

I think the only thing you can do is try to use regrets to act differently in the future to avoid repeating mistakes.

FrancisdeSales Mon 07-Dec-15 05:56:29

It's never too late to apologize if you realize that your thoughts or actions damaged a relationship and you are still in contact with the other person.

On the other hand if these are memories from the past and it is too late to change anything then as Lelania said take the time to reflect and if you need to go to counseling to change your internal script to prevent making the same mistakes again.

forumdonkey Mon 07-Dec-15 07:47:24

We're on this earth once and life is far too short to live with regrets.

If it's important to you, do what you can to make amends. It may work out or may not but you can know that you did everything you could to straighten out misunderstandings and make things right.

howtorebuild Mon 07-Dec-15 09:21:53

It wasn't me that misunderstood, it was others. I now realise I probably am on the Autistic spectrum and have some associated physical health conditions diagnosed. These people misread me and for some I reacted badly to their misunderstandings. For example they misread my tiredness and forgetfulness as a lack of interest in them. They misread my symptoms as me being a liar. Things like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now