Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

relationship aside from being parents

(3 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Sun 06-Dec-15 22:31:35

I find that our relationship really isn't much without being parents. We never have enough time to spend with one another and life is so busy that we seem to have forgotten about us. I'm almost 23 weeks pregnant with dc4, (will be four kids under 5!)

So it's understandable.. Any tips on remember us? We try dates but not that much, I end up resenting him as he still goes out every now and then and has a few booked for Xmas and me, I'm just going to be sat at home.. I love home but I don't do much. I think a part of the problem is that I seem to have no time so I lose interest in trying. My friends don't bother with me so I just get stubborn and don't bother, he seems to have a good balance with life. I am just never off parent mode if that makes sense.

littleraysofsunshine Thu 10-Dec-15 14:24:43

?

ILiveAtTheBeach Thu 10-Dec-15 21:16:12

This time of life is REALLY hard. There's no time to just "be you". I do think you should arrange a babysitter and go out now and then. And have date nights at home (dinner, wine, sex - after kids have gone to bed).

I only raised 2 kids, so I really can't imagine how hard it must be to raise 4.

Remember tho, that this will pass. Kids grow up and then you have loads more "me" time. And "couple" time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now