Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Snap me out of it

(14 Posts)
Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 01:45:31

I'm still in love with my ex. Yet he's just text me tonight to tell me he's sleeping with another woman. How do I get over him.

IamlovedbyG Sun 06-Dec-15 01:46:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 01:50:44

I thought we would make a go of it. I thought he wanted me back I'm so stupid.

IamlovedbyG Sun 06-Dec-15 02:05:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 02:09:29

7 years together broke up 9 months ago but we recently started talking about working on our relationship and getting back together.

Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 02:10:38

I knew it works never work and it would never happen but why why rub it in my fave.

pissedonatrain Sun 06-Dec-15 02:29:48

What a twat to rub it in your face like that. I would have texted him back, yeah me too!

Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 02:42:10

I did text him back. Just " why on earth do you think I would want to know that?" I should have been worse tho.

ALaughAMinute Sun 06-Dec-15 07:12:02

He obviously wanted to upset you by letting you know he was sleeping with another woman. Just delete the bastard and move on. Sad though it might be, at least you know where you stand now.

Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 07:49:38

I'm so stupid. I have to get over him. He clearly doesn't want me back.

ALaughAMinute Sun 06-Dec-15 07:54:03

No, he doesn't want you back and he is being nasty. I know you must be feeling really hurt but one day you'll be glad you got rid of him.

inlectorecumbit Sun 06-Dec-15 07:54:05

why do you think he text you that? He was obviously thinking about you while sleeping with OW.
Could it be he wanted you to do the "pick me " dance by making you jealous.
However you now see the man for what he really is a c**t. That text alone should kill all feeling you have for him or at least make you start seeing him for what he really is.
Time to ignore block and move on.
You deserve better flowers

pocketsaviour Sun 06-Dec-15 13:59:17

I think you should text him again today and say "I wanted to thank you. I've been on a pre-Xmas diet, and I was about to have some biscuits last night, but when you texted me you were having sex, the thought of your naked body and inept foreplay was so nauseating that I was no longer hungry. Cheers!"

OK maybe don't send that. Just block his number and stop him getting his kicks by fucking with your mind. You can do it!

Scarftown Sun 06-Dec-15 23:54:49

Thanks all. After sobering up and talking to him. He apologised. We had a long chat and basically agreed we can't do this to eachother anymore. I deserve to be someone's first choice.

Thanks for snaping me out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now