Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH fetish

(16 Posts)
littlemisschatterbox1975 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:28:03

hi, long time lurker here, after a bit of advice, I have been married for 8 years, I have known about my DH nappy fetish for years but lately he is wearing them all the time even though he know I don't like him doing it. Advice please, I want him to stop doing it

OnADarkDesertHighway Thu 03-Dec-15 18:30:46

LTB. Seriously too weird for words.

Scarydinosaurs Thu 03-Dec-15 18:32:48

Does he know how you feel about it?

This would be a complete deal breaker for me- not just the fetish in itself (which would be enough for anyone) but the blatant ignoring of your feelings about it.

He should find someone who shares his fetish.

spanisharmada Thu 03-Dec-15 18:33:16

Ask him to wait a few years to indulge. There comes a time when many people go back into them ifykwim, he might get lucky. Think you get them on the NHS then too, cos those things aint cheap!

If he just wears it - weird. Depends on your boundaries. I couldn't personally cope with that.
If he "uses" it - utterly gross unless necessary, which it clearly isn't, LTB.

ImFuckingGoady Thu 03-Dec-15 18:35:29

Perhaps you should suggest couples counselling....or crèche.

Stevenhydesafro1 Thu 03-Dec-15 18:38:42

My opinion is anything between consenting adults who are happy with whatever the kink happens to be is OK.

However you aren't happy with it so I feel he's being incredibly disrespectful to you.

You need to talk to him about how you feel and then decide if you want to continue the relationship with him.

pocketsaviour Thu 03-Dec-15 18:43:36

You should probably post this on the sex board.

TonySopranosVest Thu 03-Dec-15 18:43:45

This must be really difficult for you.

What sort of conversations have you had about this? Have you expressed your feelings?

I feel that no fetish is wrong per se, but I personally would struggle with this one. TBH I would probably have ended a relationship with someone who disclosed this fetish to me as it's just not my cup of tea and I wouldn't want to indulge that - and I wouldn't want my partner not to be able to do what he needed to do. It's basically sexual incompatibility.

SelfLoathing Thu 03-Dec-15 18:46:02

A fetish is a fetish. So you are barking up the wrong tree if you want him to stop. He won't. It's not his fault; what turns someone on is not within their control and usually as a result of early psychosexual experiences.

You might not like it but it's not hurting anyone is it?

I think you need to talk about it with him openly and see if you can reach a best position compromise for you both. maybe that he doesn't let you see that he is wearing them?

If you really can't tolerate it, then I think you need to consider whether this is a relationship you should leave. He maybe better off with a partner that his fetish works for or at least doesn't turn off.

LookAtMeGo Thu 03-Dec-15 18:49:39

Early sexual experiences?confused

SequinJacket Thu 03-Dec-15 18:54:21

Not to be rude but I find what you have told us actually disgusting.

A grown man wearing nappies.

I would have left him the same minute I found out.

LookAtMeGo Thu 03-Dec-15 18:55:52

I would too. I'd be worried he was a paedophile or something.

Luxyelectro Thu 03-Dec-15 18:56:40

It's an unusual fetish even for fetishists.

Yuck

gamerchick Thu 03-Dec-15 19:00:33

Is he just wearing them or using them as nappies?

I don't think I could handle being with someone who indulges their fetish none stop. Now and then maybe but no just no.

EmmanuelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Dec-15 19:00:53

We're just going to temporarily suspend posting on this thread while we look in to a couple of reports.

This thread is not accepting new messages.