Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tinder and double texting

(14 Posts)
BeyoncesLeftElbow Mon 30-Nov-15 19:42:12

Guy nearby started a chat, exchanged a couple of messages and then in my reply late yest eve I cracked a joke about spending my evening doing some "late night puppy wrangling"... why do I always show my weird side so early on

I'm not that bothered about whether I hear back from him anyway but just wondering whether I come across as a serial weirdo? And in which case whether I should say anything to lessen the weirdness... Or would that just make it worse as it would be committing the cardinal sin of double texting? <muses idly>

Disclaimer: I'm ill in bed, have watched a whole series of peep show and am bored out of my tiny mind.

BeyoncesLeftElbow Mon 30-Nov-15 19:49:55

I'm being pathetic aren't I grin

Cloppysow Mon 30-Nov-15 19:52:34

I say weird shit all the time. I'm weird. One of these days someone will appreciate my weirdness and say something equally weird.

My profile blurb is weird, but it shows my sense of humour. If a guy reads it and doesn't get the humour, he's not the one for me.

BeyoncesLeftElbow Mon 30-Nov-15 19:55:39

Hahaha yeah that's how I feel grin

But he seemed alright to be fair and I don't want to freak him out so early on. Say anything or move on and chalk it up to a lesson learned? keep the weirdness locked away until he's in it for the long haul

Threefishys Mon 30-Nov-15 19:59:22

The good thing is if you are a witty woman you will find that the men who don't get you/aren't turned on by witty women/are not intelligent enough conversationalists to spar with you will rapidly extricate themselves in almost like a self quality control move which is a really good thing . Dont dumb yourself down/hide your weirdness be yourself. You want a mental equal don't you? Unless you just want a shag in which case say what you need to say to achieve that. My experience of tinder is that the one guy who seemed to engage intelligently with my weirdness (not a "hiya hun") in sight became my DP and a year on we are still being weird together

Lacoba66 Mon 30-Nov-15 20:55:48

I had a guy on POF (whom I thought was a bit of a dish) tell me after a few msg exchanges, put the sub-text of his msg as "stinky socks". Now I will admit at this point that I'd had a glass or two, but I really didn't get it & thought 'what a perv'!

Next day, I realised its slang for 'Jock' grin. He's not spoken to me since... His loss.

Cloppysow Mon 30-Nov-15 22:16:37

I told a guy i have a massive boil on my bum. I really didn't like him, he was a creep.

Cabrinha Mon 30-Nov-15 23:40:52

I'm trying to work out why you're weird.

I can't imagine the context of saying "late night puppy wrangling" (my best guess is it's a mild flirtation about masturbation - breasts /puppies) but it doesn't sound weird!

Every guy I've ever dated has said I'm weird but good-weird grin

Cabrinha Mon 30-Nov-15 23:42:27

Cloppysow I've been known to use the phrase 'spunk up' when I'm not talking about ejaculation... and some people think that's weird 😂

BeyoncesLeftElbow Mon 30-Nov-15 23:49:50

Haha it wasn't even an attempt at a double entendre!! He asked how my weekend was going and in an effort to avoid "good thanks, yours?" territory, I made reference to my brand new puppy... Hence the "wrangling"! He is little and squirmy so any simple task becomes Herculean and takes about fifteen hours!

Cabrinha Tue 01-Dec-15 00:12:03

That's not weird!
Who wouldn't date a woman who comes with puppy cuddles.
You free tomorrow night...? grin

BeyoncesLeftElbow Tue 01-Dec-15 00:42:10

Hahaha sounds like a plan cabrera!

My place or yours? grin

He replied btw so all not lost! smile

BeyoncesLeftElbow Tue 01-Dec-15 00:42:28

Sorry cabrinha

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 01-Dec-15 09:57:07

I once told a man to "knock me up in the morning" meaning ring my phone to make sure I'm awake if you want to confirm that we are going out. His face went through a series of emotions, I didn't clarify what I meant. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now