Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Pre-Nuptial Agreements

(3 Posts)
MarianneSolong Sat 28-Nov-15 21:42:55

Are they becoming more common? Have any of you entered into one?
Are they a good thing?

Someone in my family - younger generation - is entering into one of these at the prompting of her husband-to-be's family.

strawberryandaflake Mon 30-Nov-15 09:55:30

Considering it. Only because I was screwed over by an exBF before who spent all my money and left me in debt. I own the house I live in with my partner now. I worked so hard to get rid of the debt from my ex. I do trust my partner in that respect, but should anything ever happen and we split I want my house back. I'm not fussed about anything else really.

Cabrinha Mon 30-Nov-15 10:03:13

They're not legally binding, but apparently the courts do look at them as an indication of intentions.

I'm middle aged and post divorce, work and have a house and savings. Nothing huge, but - I'm in credit. I won't have more children.

I simply wouldn't marry again, no way would I be prepared to risk my assets, no matter how much I loved someone. I'm a generous person - when it's my choice I'll give the shirt off my back to a loved one. But I'm keeping it my choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now