Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

quick straw poll...best dating site for minimal wankbadgers

(15 Posts)
unicornspooprainbows Sat 28-Nov-15 16:08:34

Just that really....for the non-hook up type of date or is it really a lucky (or unlucky) dip

BaronessSamedi Sat 28-Nov-15 16:12:02

probably any site that you have to pay money for.
maybe match.com or guardian soul mates?
however, that alone does not rule out the tyre-kickers.

maybe try a proper dating agency or match-maker site?

Oysterbabe Sat 28-Nov-15 16:14:53

Match worked for me. DH was my third guy from there and the other two were OK.
I'd spent a year on pof before that and found them more of a mixed bag.

pocketsaviour Sat 28-Nov-15 16:16:42

Yeah anything paid will weed out the less serious people and you won't get so many stupid "hi" or "hey sexy" messages.

NoMoreMrRight Sat 28-Nov-15 16:21:01

I disagree. I've experience of both paid and unpaid sites and they've both been equally disappointing.

Reese123 Sat 28-Nov-15 18:24:48

Yes I agree have met awful lowlife a on paid sites. I've given up on OLD

unicornspooprainbows Sat 28-Nov-15 19:56:55

I discovered a 'platonic' friendship dating site, I guess for friendships, celebate, asexual, or medical reasons, as well as for people who want to take it slow. Might be interesting and may sieve out the -cock pictures- those who just want a hook up. Only £2 a week too, and there's loads of members......what do you reckon?

Xenadog Sun 29-Nov-15 08:19:42

EHarmony. You don't just get to trawl hundreds of pictures like on other sites as only 5 profiles are released to you a day. Doesn't mean there aren't nutters in there but it's slightly more selective and a tad more expensive than match so can put off those just looking for a shag.

The free ones tend to Have higher levels of idiots but having said that one friend is engaged to a lovely man she met on POF.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 29-Nov-15 08:21:03

What's the point of a platonic site if you want dating? confused

Minime85 Sun 29-Nov-15 08:25:07

I found match full of time wasters. Tinder great for a laugh if you don't take it seriously. Pof was good

niceupthedance Sun 29-Nov-15 08:35:15

Hinge is slightly more refined than Tinder. You only get 10 prospects per day, the idea being it makes you consider each person instead of flicking them off in a millisecond wink

elliepac Sun 29-Nov-15 09:21:58

Match or okcupid. Had a couple of nice dates from match and also a lovely fling with someone from okc. DP of 9 months was from okc, their matching statistics do work in my experience, DP was 96% and the fling 86%. Eharmony was a waste of money. You get weirdos on all of the sites, just ignore and block.

unicornspooprainbows Sun 29-Nov-15 11:57:44

I've just discovered Skout.....seems OK so far. Anyone any experience of it?

unicornspooprainbows Sun 29-Nov-15 12:06:32

Obsidian I think the platonic idea is if you just want company (male or female) and not looking for relationship/love/hookups/sexual involvement, that just exactly what I'm after tbh. Horses for courses I guess.

strawberryandaflake Mon 30-Nov-15 09:51:55

My experience:

PoF: is a waste of time. Too many wankbadgers, creeps and tarts. I think because it's free it attracts randoms.

Match: most men are really unattractive and it takes hours to sign up with lots of questions... Zzz...

Mysinglefriend: great for the under 32s, not many people on there after that.

Eharmony: like Match but even more irrelevant questions that people lie about.

Tinder: mostly hook ups but I actually met my OH on there. We did find out we had mutual acquaintances though and became friends first.

Doing Something: great idea to meet people who like doing the same things as you. Seems to work better in London.

Guardian Soulmates: lots of arty types and Hoxton hangers.

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now