Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Tinder - is it just for sex?

(11 Posts)
OiledBegg Tue 24-Nov-15 09:07:53

I've had tinder for a while and have had several matches and a few short chats with men but nothing ever really happens. One guy suggested meeting for the cinema, but has now disappeared.
Has anyone actually got into a relationship after using tinder or met someone half decent?

TopOfTheCliff Tue 24-Nov-15 09:13:07

My DD has met a lovely man on Tinder. It's just another way to meet available people (or people pretending to be available!)

MadHattersWineParty Tue 24-Nov-15 09:17:16

I met my partner on Tinder- we now live together. We have actually only been officially 'together' since April- but he is the kindest, loveliest man I've ever met.

There are without a doubt a lot of men on there just for hook ups, or just wanting a chat, or just swiping for fun. I initially went on as I had just finished dating an utter twat and wanted a few fun dates, did not have any expectations other than that really.

My point is there are all sorts of blokes on Tinder, definitely not just the ones after a quick hook up!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Tue 24-Nov-15 09:19:08

No it's not. Chats often start and don't go anywhere but that is because people are chatting to several people at once. I've met 5 guys from tinder so far and all were regular men looking for relationships.

Wilding Tue 24-Nov-15 09:22:34

I met my DP on tinder! Have a couple of friends who have done the same, all serious relationships. Definitely not just for sex!

rogueantimatter Tue 24-Nov-15 09:31:11

DD's flatmate has had several tinder dates but no more than one with any individual. He seems a nice guy. Her friend is in a relationship with a tinder date.

DD thinks it's too time intensive as you're much more likely to have things in common with people you meet at work or shared interest activities, but obviously it depends on your situation.

Some of her friends are addicted to it but don't really have high hopes of a relationship - they mostly enjoy the chatting apparently.

niceupthedance Tue 24-Nov-15 11:42:05

Of the 4 men I met from tinder, 3 were looking for a relationship. The third one is now my boyfriend and he is lovely.

FeelingDumb Tue 24-Nov-15 13:18:38

Another tinder success story here. Only went on 3 tinder dates, one was a total knob, one is now a friend and the other is my lovely DP and daddy to be to our baby due next month. Not all men on tinder are looking for hook ups. I think the key is not to expect too much from it. Good luck smile

Fratelli Tue 24-Nov-15 15:14:41

I met my dp on it and we now have a beautiful baby boy! Many are just looking for sex, you just have to wade through the bullshit!

niceupthedance Tue 24-Nov-15 17:25:23

I might add I was using tinder and other sites for two years before I had any success.

OiledBegg Wed 25-Nov-15 10:07:39

Hmm seems good then.
Think I will persevere! I've only been on it for two months or so...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now