Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this just how thing are??

(4 Posts)
wortleberry Sat 21-Nov-15 19:04:33

Not sure if I'm just being wingey?? I need some perspective. Dp and I have been together 10 years and have a dd. Since she was born, dp has worked very long hours, and comes home at 9 pm. I also work but part time. Childcare and household chores are left to me, which is fair enough. But today - for example- it's the weekend, I'm up at 5.30 am as dd is awake. Partner has a lie in until 8.30pm. Then I'm nagging to get us out of the house in time for classes. I had an afternoon out with friends, come home and the house is a tip. I'm cross, moan, nag. I've just been slapped on the back - not hard - but I'm upset. Should I just calm down?? I'm confused.

Chosenbyyou Sat 21-Nov-15 19:12:57

Sounds like you are both under strain? It's not ok to slap on the back but you don't give any context so it's hard to say? How old is your DD, does she sleep and are you both getting enough time together and apart?

Hope you are feeling ok? Sometimes things are just hard and it's ok to not be ok! X

Cabrinha Sat 21-Nov-15 19:53:08

I'm finding it hard to imagine any context where a slap on the back is acceptable.
Only one I can think of is seconds before a Heimlich manoeuvre.

So, he hit you OP flowers

AnyFucker Sat 21-Nov-15 19:56:05

Your partner hit you ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now