Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

OLD this one absolutely takes the biscuit

(25 Posts)
Xdfcvghn Sat 21-Nov-15 14:27:35

I like him. He likes me. We 'get' each other. Both fit well in terms of where we are in life/careers/family etc.

We've dated 7 times. That's SEVEN times. And yet he can't bring himself to kiss me, much less have sex. After date 3 it hurt. By date 5 I said I'm going to start but secretly already had seeing other dates. Because we got on so well I suggested we just stay drinking buddies. He seemed happy with this. Tonight he wants to see me, I say I'm busy & don't elaborate. He pushes it to find out what I'm doing so I tell him, I'm seeing another date. He then tells me he doesn't want me to meet anyone else! Unbelievable! Won't sleep with me, can't even get over his 'issues' enough to kiss me & wants me to stay 'faithful' & just sit it out & wait until some time, who-knows-when in the distant future, when he finally feels ready to take it to the next level!!! Ffs. Whoever found kissing hard? I am a modern red blooded woman who needs a bloody good fuck now and then I cannot & will not sit around like the fecking virgin mary. For the record he's 48 & should have got past his kissing inhibitions by now.

Once I lent over & planted 3 very delicate kisses on his cheek. The sort that should let a man know exactly how you feel & I expected him to turn around & kiss me back... Instead he said ' I'm not ready for this'.

I won't even dump & run for the hills. He's so far in the opposite direction I can take a gentle stroll, he'll never catch me up.

NotDavidTennant Sat 21-Nov-15 14:30:04

Are you dating Sheldon Cooper?

Themodernuriahheep Sat 21-Nov-15 14:48:28

Avoid. Baggage you will not nt to cope with.

tiktok Sat 21-Nov-15 14:52:44

Blimey.

Does he still live with his mum?

Is he or has he been very religious?

Behooven Sat 21-Nov-15 14:53:55

Life's too short. avoid.

expatinscotland Sat 21-Nov-15 14:56:25

Get rid.

TwoTwoOneBravo Sat 21-Nov-15 14:58:09

Oh dear OP. I don't think he's a keeper is he?

Arfarfanarf Sat 21-Nov-15 14:58:38

I hope you told him not to be ridiculous and you will date whoever you want.

DoomGloomAndKaboom Sat 21-Nov-15 15:02:52

Assuming you're a woman, is he straight?!

ILiveAtTheBeach Sat 21-Nov-15 15:11:49

Aha ha ha. Is he mad? If he won't kiss you after 7 dates, you'll not be feasting your eyes on his crown jewels any time soon. How very dull. You've done the right thing. He is either A sexual or damaged, and at our age, who the hell can be bothered with all that Angst. and personally I would be a wild bad tempered monster without regular nooky

Anniegetyourgun Sat 21-Nov-15 15:34:45

So he wants to be on drinking buddy terms but... exclusive. How in hell does that work?

Supermanspants Sat 21-Nov-15 15:53:06

This sounds very similar to a recent post.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 21-Nov-15 15:59:29

BAHAHAHA.

Sorry. blush

Branleuse Sat 21-Nov-15 16:00:41

he sounds boring as hell

SolidGoldBrass Sat 21-Nov-15 16:46:40

Get rid and quickly. There's something very, very wrong with this man and his attitude towards women.
I am not insulting asexuals BTW - asexuality is fine as long as you are honest about it. But this creepy bellend is not being honest. Whatever his issue, however pleasant he may seem, he is potentially dangerous because he thinks he can own you without giving you anything back.

Chippednailvarnish Sat 21-Nov-15 16:49:18

Text back "I'm not ready for this, I need cock" and go out. grin

Savagebeauty Sat 21-Nov-15 16:59:18

Run a fucking mile

MistressoftheYoniverse Sat 21-Nov-15 17:02:15

I dunno...I think you should have an honest talk with him...some people want true commitment/weird sexual stuff/to wear a bear costume...be nosey and find out the nitty gritty is being dismissive could be missing out even if you don't get together...

timelytess Sat 21-Nov-15 17:03:08

Text back "I'm not ready for this, I need cock" and go out
Excellent advice.
Or refer him to this poem:
swpoemsnlm.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/harry.html

ShebaQueen Sat 21-Nov-15 17:11:21

NotDavidTennant grin hilarious!

Sorry OP, I am no help at all!

Chippednailvarnish Sat 21-Nov-15 17:15:15

Time - [This poem is not about Harry]

Hilarious!

wowfudge Sat 21-Nov-15 17:16:02

Is he a virgin do you think? Not even kissing you, but wanting to stop you from seeing anyone else is weird and controlling.

SoWhite Sat 21-Nov-15 17:19:18

He then tells me he doesn't want me to meet anyone else!

"You've not even kissed me. You don't get to make that kind of request yet, sorry."

timelytess Sat 21-Nov-15 17:25:52

chippednailvarnish
blush smile

HairySubject Sat 21-Nov-15 17:26:54

I would have a conversation with him if you get on well in every other way. See if he will elaborate on the problem but tell him you won't be staying faithful to someone who doesn't even kiss you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now