Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Rant!!

(14 Posts)
BeeXxX Sat 21-Nov-15 03:15:35

Omg I have never felt as ill as I have the past couple of days....sickness bug! I have never had one before! My partner looked after our two kids yesterday (whoophmm) so I could rest but I got met with "do I have a choice?"!!!!!!! angry
And then I asked if I could have a nap this afternoon (partner sleeps all day), he said yes but it never happened. So I've come to bed now, he decided to sleep on the sofa (presumably to stay away from me) our youngest (10 weeks) has woken up so I go down to get him. He then sorts stuff and then says "I need you to feed him" which I have no problems doing whatsoever but I'm still ill and I just need rest! Why is he being so inconsiderate?! I'm so angry and hurt that I wanna scream! I hate that I can't just be ill and have the support to get better quicker.
Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent! X

MiniTheMinx Sat 21-Nov-15 09:02:16

Why does he sleep all day and then sleep at night?

BeeXxX Sat 21-Nov-15 09:58:44

I have absolutely no idea. I often ask the same question. It's getting past annoying to me now. Xxx

DoreenLethal Sat 21-Nov-15 10:01:07

Hi partner. You need to look after your children until I am better and then we need to have a chat about whether there is any point in you being here as you seem to think I am your slave.

Fratelli Sat 21-Nov-15 10:01:43

I'm also wondering why he sleeps so much!

Obviously when you're bf you need to feed the baby when he's hungry. But, if I were poorly my oh would have brought ds to me.

If your oh was ill he would presumably stay in bed all day and all childcare would be left to you? So why doesn't he value your health as much as his own? Also, nobody should ask if there's a choice to look after their own kids, it should be the norm whether you're male or female!

MiniTheMinx Sat 21-Nov-15 10:04:27

Sorry, that doesn't really answer my question and I'm trying to understand the situation.

Does he work? Do you? Why is he sleeping all day/night?

RiceCrispieTreats Sat 21-Nov-15 10:08:48

He sounds like a crap partner.

Is ranting here enough for you? It won't make him any less of a crap partner, sadly. And there will be plenty more times in your life where you will need support.

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Take care of yourself, and when you're feeling better, have a think about whether this man adds anything positive to your life.

Fratelli Sat 21-Nov-15 11:23:23

I'm also amazed you've never had a sickness bug before!

pocketsaviour Sat 21-Nov-15 11:26:41

What positive things does this man bring to your life?

BeeXxX Sat 21-Nov-15 13:34:22

He doesn't work right now, but seems to think it's ok to sleep the entire day. He used to blame it on the fact he used to do nights. But I just think it's out of boredom.
I just need him to understand how ill I'm feeling and help without getting pissy.
I told him a couple of weeks ago that I was feeling disconnected from him and instead of making an effort and trying, it seems like he's doing the opposite. I just don't understand anymore x

MiniTheMinx Sat 21-Nov-15 13:45:47

Two adults in a house circling around like fish in a tank...mmm there is your problem. Rather than mooching and sleeping he needs to be up and looking for work.

And yes I'd be pissed off that a grown man was acting like a depressed adolescent.

Of course it's a fiction to say there are a lot of jobs out there but sleeping and not even attempting to better things for his family make him a waste of space and a sorry excuse for a man.

0dfod Sat 21-Nov-15 14:02:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LovelyFriend Sat 21-Nov-15 14:03:20

My partner being angry rude and inconsiderate to me when I was sick was the final straw for me.

Part of it was he was jealous I was in bed. I was very ill, shaking, sweating, in pain etc but all he could focus on was I was in bed.

As soon as I got out of bed and the drugs started kicking in, I left him smile

He is being horrible to you. Bet it's not a one off. What's he usually like?

Fratelli Sat 21-Nov-15 21:55:08

So instead of looking for work to support his family he's in bed all day? Really?! He sounds like a massive wanker tbh sorry. No way could I be with someone like that. He does nothing all day and can't even be bothered with his own kids. He's a bad father. It sounds like you would be better off without him. Being in the house together all day every day will drive you both insane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now