Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it normale to feel like this?

(8 Posts)
FourFootSnake Thu 19-Nov-15 16:45:16

Me.and DH split in july. In September I moved out and into a rented house with the kids. I have friends and family round me but I feel so lonely.
Does that make sense?

timelytess Thu 19-Nov-15 16:47:15

Of course. But isn't it less lonely than being in a failing relationship?

Confused2015xxx Thu 19-Nov-15 16:54:06

Totally normal.
You will start feeling better.
Like the person above said give me loneliness over a failing relationship.

veryfedup123 Thu 19-Nov-15 16:54:21

Its hard going being the only adult in the house. I find little treats chocolate, new top, wine, flowers really cheer me up.

ThisIsStillFolkGirl Thu 19-Nov-15 18:47:14

Glass of wine, sofa, pjs, blanket and netflix.

It's not quite a solution, but it's pretty damn close wink

pallasathena Fri 20-Nov-15 12:58:33

Been there. I used to set myself small targets from cleaning jobs in the house to walking to the shops with the kids and not taking the car when I was first on my own.
Gradually, I built up the targets over a year and a bit until they were bigger targets and sort of life changing. Ended up doing a degree, post graduate qualifications, then beginning a career that I absolutely loved.
I couldn't have done it without realising when my kids were small, that the life I could give them on my own was a million times better than the life we had with their father. If I'd stayed with him, me and my kids would've ended up nervous wrecks, unable to fully function in society. As it is, we're successful, healthy, well adjusted individuals. Yes, it was hard. Yes it was lonely at times.

There's no gain without pain o/p.

mrsrabbitsays Fri 20-Nov-15 21:40:52

I know where you're coming from. In my first week of being alone after 15 years. Trying to resist temptation to phone STBXH. Children are calmer but it is a shit time of year with all the happy family Xmas adverts.
But it feels better without the constant fights. I cried in front of the children today when the headteacher told me my son wasn't coping and how hard it must be. Please tell me it gets better

Justaboy Fri 20-Nov-15 22:39:06

Same here, miss the old girl, well how she used to be, then I hear her talking to the children on Skype and then conclude it is far more clam nowadays.

But your right it does feel lonely! Next year a foray into OLD to see if there are any good women out there!

mrsrabbitsays Commiserations Ms Rabbit, not a lot of fun this time of year for those without someone i reckon. Used to love Xmas once but not now.

I think you'll find the contents of MN will tell you that it does get better just needs a bit of time!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now