Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Xmas present for the STBXH

(20 Posts)
wobblywingbatgirl Wed 18-Nov-15 21:06:49

Hi sounds silly but Im stressing - twat left me after 24 years for OW and her two children. blissfully happy apparently. Anyway, our DD (6) obviously wants to buy her father something for Xmas and I just don't know what to get. I would normally buy nice male grooming stuff or aftershave, but why should I when the OW will benefit!!! any ideas? I'm trying to remain dignified and moral BTW...

Threefishys Wed 18-Nov-15 21:09:26

Something he can play with DD with?

MerryDickCrack Wed 18-Nov-15 21:10:12

I have got the ex a school photo of dc which I may put in ugly frame.

jelliebelly Wed 18-Nov-15 21:10:51

Take dd shopping and get her to choose - or she could make something?

afreshstartplease Wed 18-Nov-15 21:10:49

You could dilute the aftershave with something unsavoury

Sparkletastic Wed 18-Nov-15 21:12:07

Picture of DD playing happily in the sunshine on one of your family holidays. Before he became a wankbadger.

StillYummy Wed 18-Nov-15 21:12:53

Take her to a pottery paining place to make a mug or somthing

enderwoman Wed 18-Nov-15 21:13:43

Let dd choose.
Even if it's a novelty pint glass and tie, it will mean that there's minimum head space involved.

ToddlerTantrums Wed 18-Nov-15 21:15:22

Let her choose. My STBXH is getting something lovingly chosen by a 5yo. No idea what it will be but its her Dad her choice!

springydaffs Wed 18-Nov-15 21:17:50

Let her choose. Why should you choose a present for the skank? <gets too involved>

GooseFriend Wed 18-Nov-15 21:20:34

Either let her chose from the festive part of tesco etc (don't want her spending too much!) or go total generic - socks, bar of dairy milk, britain's worst sheds book 4...

honeyroar Wed 18-Nov-15 21:20:35

Take her to a shop, nothing special, even the local Tescos, and let her choose something herself. They will have an aisle of Xmas crap for presents. Let her choose something. Give her a £10 limit or something. Don't get into buying proper presents. A little crap to wrap up is fine while she's young. TBH, as a stepmother, I organised with DSS re his dad's present. Until I came along his grandmother (husband's mum) sorted it. His mother never would had, and I don't think that we ever organised his mother's presents, apart from us checking he'd got her something and him saying his other grandmother had he.ped him, or us reminding him to get it himself as he got older.

Twinklestein Wed 18-Nov-15 21:23:18

Aftershave laced with itching powder and a packet of stink bombs.

wobblywingbatgirl Wed 18-Nov-15 21:25:46

Thank you for all your suggestions. I particularly like the idea of pottery painting. I suppose I would ideally like something that would piss the OW off (always game playing aren't we!!) or to make me and DD look fabulous. I should point out that he's asked me to buy my own, he will give me the money, and then look surprised when I open it. Twat.....

StillYummy Wed 18-Nov-15 21:52:03

I kinda thought the mug may annoy her... Henc why I suggested it. It is a bit less obvious than a framed pic of you all though wink

Cabrinha Wed 18-Nov-15 21:55:49

You know you shouldn't be walking away from gifts to annoy the OW, and that's for your own sanity flowers
Fantasy only!

A fiver in Tesco near the toiletries aisle. Done.

kittybiscuits Wed 18-Nov-15 22:21:24

Buy my own and look surprised...bastard. I'd say get yourself to poundland for something for him. It's more than he deserves.

mintoil Wed 18-Nov-15 22:24:38

Do the same then - tell him to buy his own.

Goodbetterbest Wed 18-Nov-15 22:30:42

Have you seen Holy Flaps on Etsy? .I think there's something for all our STBXHs on there grin

scarlets Wed 18-Nov-15 23:25:24

A subscription to Tinder? He'll tire of dream-girl eventually, right?

Seriously, a box of chocolates or some shower gel would be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now