Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Friend Who I havent Seen Since College

(9 Posts)
gocuk15 Tue 17-Nov-15 17:22:33

A friend who I haven't seen since 2007 recently got in touch about meeting up but I'm not sure I want to as its been a long time. We have exchanged Christmas cards every year but the obligatory message "Must meet up soon" never materialises into actually meeting up. I have tried on my part by texting and emailing but I normally don't get a response til a week later. I do feel awkward meeting up as wouldn't know what to say. Anyone else had a similar situation?

Robotgirl Tue 17-Nov-15 17:53:01

If you don't want to, don't!
It's your life. Doesn't sound like the closest friendship in the world?

She's not really a friend then is she?
If you don't want to meet her and have nothing to talk about I'd chop her out all together and save your stamp.

springydaffs Tue 17-Nov-15 18:26:05

I don't get this tbh - what earth is wrong with meeting her?? It's good to catch up. You went through stuff together.

Solongtoshort Wed 18-Nov-15 10:51:16

I don't get it either you have eight years to talk about unless you have done nothing at all in that time . Go you never know you might just enjoy yourself.

lalalonglegs Wed 18-Nov-15 10:55:48

I'd meet her. I don't understand your anxiousness - you have wanted to meet in the past and she has been flaky, this time she has suggested it and now you don't want to confused.

Fannycraddock79 Wed 18-Nov-15 11:08:02

Check and make sure she hasn't recently become involved in aloe Vera/arbonne/--whatever the latest pyramid selling shit you don't need-- scheme

hellsbellsmelons Wed 18-Nov-15 11:34:15

I met up with an old school ages ago.
We had a nice time but think we both knew we wouldn't continue the friendship.
You could just meet up for a coffee and chat.

Another friend I met up with from school we have a great time together. Only see each other 2-3 times a year but it's great.

Go for it - you might find you have a good time and if not then nothing lost.

chrome100 Wed 18-Nov-15 12:00:24

I totally understand. I have a huge fear about meeting people I've not seen for ages in case we have nothing to say and it's awkward (I am quite shy though). Can you invite her to a group event? That might take the pressure off a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now