Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Starting out

(3 Posts)
SomethingUnpredictable Sun 15-Nov-15 13:16:38

I have just started to see someone, I have known him for years and he has been a good friend for a long time, though we have drifted apart occassionally. Apart from a fling as young teens our relationship has been mostly plutonic until now.

We have been on a couple of dates, last week we ended up fooling around and have both come to the conclusion that we have strong feelings for each other and although we are not "official" we both want this to last. He is lovely and I trust him implicitly.

This is the first relationship I have entered into since DS (6) was a baby. He has met DS a few times but only when he was tiny and we were hust friends. Obviously involving him at all this time around will have different connotations. I have no doubt that they will get on well, and it is very early days yet but I just wondered how other single parents have handled bringing someone new into their child's lives. I want to be prepared and do things right, my son takes priority which goes without saying but I want things to work out with this relationship and to try and be happy all round. DS' dad is not involved at all, if that's relevant.

ALaughAMinute Sun 15-Nov-15 17:02:44

I think you're moving too fast. Just see how things go over the next six months or so and then think about introducing him (for the second time) to your DC.

It's early days yet, but I hope it works out for you.

SomethingUnpredictable Sun 15-Nov-15 17:28:32

Oh I have no intentions of jumping into this in the immediate future, I'm just interested to know how it has worked for others. I am guessing it will come up at some point so I'd like to have an idea in my head of what I'm comfortable with but I have no idea what that is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now