Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please need some advice

(10 Posts)
Clarkey2345 Fri 13-Nov-15 11:42:14

Due to my bad panic attacks i am not on citalopram and due to visit my GP again in two weeks to discuss how my medication is going i am constantly worried about my health all the time and Google my symptoms when I don't feel well, then there my mentally abusive partner and i cannot leave the relationship because he has said if i leave and he cannot find me then he will hurt my family don't know what else to do please need advice.

pocketsaviour Fri 13-Nov-15 12:32:31

Hello op,

I'm not surprised you're having panic attacks and anxious thoughts when you feel like you're stuck with this abuser.

Is your gp aware of what's going on at home? Have you spoken to any organisations which could help, such as women's aid?

hmmmum Fri 13-Nov-15 12:38:18

This sounds awful, you should really phone somebody like Women's Aid or another organisation that helps people in abusive relationships.
Also as you are struggling with panic attacks etc, would you want this to be re-posted in the mental health section as you might get more replies and support from people who are familiar with this sort of thing and can help you?
So sorry you're going through all this and I really hope you get the support you need

hellsbellsmelons Fri 13-Nov-15 13:49:16

You CAN leave.
It's all bullying threats made to keep you in your place.
Please contact Womens Aid. They can help you with an exit plan.
Give your family the heads up and call 101, ask for the domestic abuse department and let them know about the threats.
You absolutely CANNOT stay in the situation. It is bad for your health.
Womens Aid and the Police.
No doubt he's a fucking coward who preys on vulnerable women.
Get your family to rally round as well. You can stand together against this fuckwit you know!

Clarkey2345 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:21:19

Hello pocket saviour no my GP isn't aware of my domestic abuse relationship i have spoken to woman's aid once before who have said they can help me make a safety plan should i leave him but i would have to go into there local office and i couldn't do that when he rings me all the time wanting to know where i am all the time.

Clarkey2345 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:22:33

Hi hellsbellsmelons yes i can also put this post in the mental health section and see what replys i may get from people who are in mental health relationships.

Clarkey2345 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:24:00

Sorry last post was meant for hmmmum not hellsbellsmelons

Clarkey2345 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:25:58

Hi hellsbellsmelons i am not sure our police department has a domestic abuse relationship department but i have spoken to woman's aid a few times before and they said i can phone up anytime and chat with them.

category12 Fri 13-Nov-15 14:27:14

I would imagine your panic attacks etc will be greatly reduced if you were to escape your abusive relationship.

Please tell your gp, they will be able to signpost you to help as well as having a better idea of how to support you medically. If you could bring forward your appointment that would be great.

Clarkey2345 Fri 13-Nov-15 17:58:08

Hi category12 I have just started citalopram for my panic attacks and have chatted with woman's aid about my abusive relationship they have said i can go to there local office and make a safety plan for as and when i decide to leave.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: