Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Should I tell him about this?

(19 Posts)
WasabiNell Thu 12-Nov-15 10:43:53

Me and BF broke up for about a month, it was a bad time for both of us. During this time I genuinely didn't think we'd get back together and went out one night and got off (extensively) with someone in a club classy I know. We also texted a bit after.

We're now back together and everything is peachy but I don't know whether to tell him what happened? I've obviously stopped talking to the guy and I don't feel guilty about it because we weren't together but we live in a small town and he might hear it off someone else. After some investigation facebook stalking the guy I kissed has mutual friends with BF. So should I tell him?

DreamingOfThruxtons Thu 12-Nov-15 10:51:51

No. You weren't together at the time, and nothing came of it anyway. If this guy or anyone else is tactless enough to say something, deal with it then, but you have nothing to apologise for or explain IMO.

WasabiNell Thu 12-Nov-15 10:54:38

Thanks Dreaming, that's what I was thinking but then I feel bad at the thought of him hearing from someone else and think I should maybe tell him! I tend to overthink things so think I'm getting worked up over nothing.

InisMor Thu 12-Nov-15 11:15:31

Totally agree with Dreaming.
Don't explain. Don't justify.

pocketsaviour Thu 12-Nov-15 11:30:20

If he had gone out and snogged someone else while you were split, would you want to know?

If yes, tell him.
If not, don't.

Suddenlyseymour Thu 12-Nov-15 11:37:36

Nope, none of his business, absolutely none. Why even go there?

WasabiNell Thu 12-Nov-15 11:37:48

No I wouldn't want to know at all pocket! But don't know if he'll see differently? I think I just need to put it out of my head.

whatdoIget Thu 12-Nov-15 11:38:21

YOU WERE ON A BREAK!!

WasabiNell Thu 12-Nov-15 11:39:51

Hahaha what that is literally what's been going through my head all week, me shouting 'WE WERE ON A BREAK!'. I can't even remember what film it's off!

whatdoIget Thu 12-Nov-15 11:43:22

It's from Friends, Ross and Rachel grin

WasabiNell Thu 12-Nov-15 12:24:33

Oh god yes of course, I can hear it so perfectly in my head!!

Crinkle77 Thu 12-Nov-15 13:35:56

I wouldn't. It was only a snog and you weren't even together.

Suddenlyseymour Thu 12-Nov-15 17:34:02

It'll just open a can of worms that you can do without; you aren't (and definitely weren't at that time) beholden to him. It's a very misguided idea to "unburden" yourself, it really is none of his business and nor should it be

WasabiNell Thu 12-Nov-15 18:21:23

Thank you both, you've put my mind at ease smile

HotNatured Thu 12-Nov-15 21:50:21

It was only a snog ! And what you do when your single is nobody's business but yours. It wouldn't even cross my mind if I were you.

HotNatured Thu 12-Nov-15 21:50:50

You're

Bloody phone

kerbs Thu 12-Nov-15 22:05:46

"We were on a break"------Jeremy Kyle too I'm afraid.

honeyroar Thu 12-Nov-15 22:14:56

I wouldn't bother. If it ever comes up, just say it wasn't important (which it wasn't). Say it made you realise you didn't want anyone else etc.

WasabiNell Fri 13-Nov-15 11:01:22

It is a bit Jezza K lie detector isn't it! I'm just glad I didn't sleep with him because then I really would have felt guilty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: