Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel really sad it's all over(boring!)

(3 Posts)
Sounbelievablydull Wed 11-Nov-15 23:14:01

Just sounding off really. I have always been v close to my younger sister, she has had everything in some ways but not others. She is slim and attractive, people have always taken to her. Our father was abusive to the rest of us but always loved her.
She has got a fantastic career and is held in v high regard by her colleagues and clients.
So what? I know you are wondering this if you haven't nodded off yet.
She had a relationship with a high profile man and had children with him although he left when the youngest was 1 year old.
When this happened my husband and me really helped her, she got a job that meant traveling abroad a lot, weekends the lot.
We always invited her on holidays and took her kids away with us. This was often grim as her children were very sad about being left etc and frankly our family holidays were often quite tough.
Fast forward to now she met a man about five years ago he is quite a bit older than her. They were very off and on for 4of those years but now he has moved in with her and they are inseparable.
We are no longer welcome in the house, she will only communicate by text message. They will come to us if we are cooking or have other friends round but despite them having literally a 6 bedroom mansion we have never been invited fir an evening.
I could rant on and on but this has been dreary enough I suppose.
I don't even know why I'm posting this tbh.
I have asked repeatedly if she is ok. But she does want things to be perfect for her.
I have withdrawn but it has left me very lonely as I did rely on her company a lot.
what next is our close relationship over for good?

PowerPantsRule Wed 11-Nov-15 23:42:56

It sounds like the 'new' man has said you are not welcome perhaps? Do you get on with him?

Sounbelievablydull Thu 12-Nov-15 08:31:31

I think we all act like we get on when we are together but really I don't think we have anything in common.
I do notice little remarks he makes but am never sure if I'm just being overly sensitive .
I think writing this has made me think about it more honestly with myself and I think I just have to move on . I am v lucky I have a good job lovely husband and children a few good friends so I should focus on that and accept that things change.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: