Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Binders

(81 Posts)
Wonderous Wed 11-Nov-15 22:06:47

Have I missed something... Binders third thread has disappeared. confused

popandboo Wed 11-Nov-15 22:10:26

I'd also be interested in an update.

madwomanbackintheattic Wed 11-Nov-15 22:12:40

Got deleted.

Wonderous Wed 11-Nov-15 22:13:56

Oh blimey... Why was that. Did she request it or have I been suckered again

MissBattleaxe Wed 11-Nov-15 22:14:32

Long story. Derailment. Poor binders.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 11-Nov-15 22:14:40

Was it a troll thread?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Wed 11-Nov-15 22:15:18

Ahhh okay. I wondered if it was because of the other thread, or if it actually was fake. Thanks Miss

Iwanttobeadog Wed 11-Nov-15 22:15:22

I thought it was being left to stand as a handy troll spotting A-Z confused

madwomanbackintheattic Wed 11-Nov-15 22:17:11

1 and 2 are still there if you need them, dog.

Wonderous Wed 11-Nov-15 22:18:18

God does that mean it was a fake. I am honestly shocked by that confused

MissBattleaxe Wed 11-Nov-15 22:20:05

I don't believe it was a troll thread. Not for one second. Binders was genuine IMO. Got derailed though.

AcrossthePond55 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:20:43

No it doesn't mean it was a fake as MNHQ never said Binders was, to the best of their knowledge, genuine. The thread got derailed and turned into a bunfight and anti-trolling manifesto. MNHQ felt it had gone so far afield that they deleted.

AcrossthePond55 Wed 11-Nov-15 22:21:52

Ooops. I meant to say that MNHQ said that Binders was, to the best of their knowledge, genuine.

Wonderous Thu 12-Nov-15 07:36:09

Really glad to hear that as I believe every word she wrote. If you're out there Binders, hope you're okay flowers

Fratelli Thu 12-Nov-15 08:47:02

It's awful for her, she's been through enough.

Binders I hope you're ok flowers

SouthWesterlyWinds Thu 12-Nov-15 09:34:13

Binders isn't fake and I really hope she didn't she the massive derailment on the thread. It turned into an epic bun fight which detracted from the support she was getting. I hope she comes back and let's us know how she and DS are doing. She was doing so well even with the wobbles and huge emotional turmoil. Big hugs Binders

binders1 Thu 12-Nov-15 10:43:18

Hi,

This thread has made me cry (in a good way) in that people are thinking how I am. I have had PM's from posters which is really nice.

To give you my side, things had happened on the homefront which meant I hadn't been on a line for a while, when I came back to post, I had disappeared! So I NEVER saw any of the posts or what people describe as the 'derailment' or 'bunfight' and I guess I'm glad I didn't, as it sounds like I would have been really upset by it.

I have made contact with the good people at MN to ask them to let me know what happened. No names were mentioned or anything like that obviously but they apologised that they had to delete the thread, talked about some fake thread that had been deleted because the OP was a 'troll' and how posters then used mine as an outlet and it went way off topic. (Don't really understand any of that i.e. how a fake troll thread can affect another thread if I'm honest but probably not been on MN long enough to fully understand these things and how it all works). MN said they had tried to bring the thread back on track but without success. (Hope it's ok MN to give these details?). They said they hoped it didn't put me off from posting in the future and encouraged me to start a new thread if I wished.

My main concern was that posters who had supported me over two whole threads thought I was a 'troll' and had invested all their time, emotion, energy and good advice on some fake story and not my real life. I also didn't want these same posters to think that this would make me run away or put me off. Their support is worth more than that.

As I said, I am glad I didn't see the posts and so can only say that my experience of MN is only positive and I have no doubt that I would have been in a very different place without it. I will never forget my Binder Army! x

TheMshipIsBack Thu 12-Nov-15 10:52:07

Hi binders! Good to see you back. Hope things are going better for you - if you haven't seen it on here before, KOKO! (keep on keeping on)

InisMor Thu 12-Nov-15 10:59:24

Good to hear from you, Binders. I hope that you and DS are doing ok. Hope that your plans for both your futures are going well and that they are going to your timescale.
I wish you both luck.

popandboo Thu 12-Nov-15 11:17:26

Glad to hear from you binders - hope things are getting better for you and your DS.

Whocansay Thu 12-Nov-15 11:20:19

Binders, I lurked on your threads and I sincerely hope that you're doing well and that your fantastic sister is taking good care of you. flowers

flamingnoravera Thu 12-Nov-15 13:05:13

Hi Binders1
Most of us never doubted your authenticity and I am so glad to see you here and hear that you did not see that stuff.
I hope you are doing ok and that your son is ok too.
The Army is still here in barracks, just waiting to be sent out to the frontline again.

thelittleredhen Thu 12-Nov-15 13:12:53

I'm glad you're still around Binders and even more glad that you (or Rottie) didn't see the thread. I've been thinking about you all week and hope that this week has been a better one thanks

thenumberseven Thu 12-Nov-15 13:20:42

Hope you and your son are well binders flowers

ExBallerina Thu 12-Nov-15 13:20:58

I'm glad you're OK Binders. Stay strong! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now