Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just feeling really down

(7 Posts)
MerryDickCrack Wed 11-Nov-15 21:26:19

Don't know why I'm so down really. I'm dreading Xmas. My dad died in August and it's my first without him. My ex left us 18 months ago, it's been acrimonious ever since. He says it's his turn to have our ds's this year. Tonight he informs me he wants to take them to visit his family 300 miles away in run up to Xmas, bring them back Xmas Eve and take them again Xmas day. I can't face it all. I feel exhausted and sad and hopeless. There's no joy in my life, only my boys and he's taken my family from me. I really hate him. Why did he want a family with me only to screw around and leave me in this mess forever more?

BloodontheTracks Wed 11-Nov-15 21:28:37

I'm so sorry you've been through this. What a terrible couple of years. Christmas can be a very hard time of year. But it's only calendar days I guess. What are you up to tonight?

BloodontheTracks Wed 11-Nov-15 21:29:19

Worth checking out the post above about 'falling back in love with life?!'

MerryDickCrack Wed 11-Nov-15 21:34:38

I'm lying on the kids floor waiting for them to go to sleep then having a bath. Then bed I think.
I'll look at that post. Thank you

wannabestressfree Wed 11-Nov-15 21:36:24

And you don't have to agree with his wonderous Christmas proposal.

BloodontheTracks Wed 11-Nov-15 21:37:29

Watch Peep Show at 10!

Threefishys Thu 12-Nov-15 13:13:31

My mum died last year and last Christmas was strange without her indeed. My ex of four years also dumped me soon after she died (big of him to wait I guess...) My dog also passed away last year. Come to an agreement that suits you both for Christmas arrangement and try to accept that this Christmas will be a challenge but resolve to do your best to enjoy it as your dad would have wanted x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now